Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which Insurance Company is most used?? can you all let me know and I will see what other discounts I can get for members!

·
Registered
132 Posts
What about members

who have fetish's for trees but don't wanna pay stupid money to insure???:angel:

Luke

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
errrrr....not sure they can accomodate unless you wanna go live on an Island without any trees!!

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
yeh, I've always found directline/tesco give me the best quotes. However, directline don't provide a courtesy car if you car is being repaired. You need to pay for that yourself!! Still, if you not planning on having any accidents like me, who cares! I think they are probably better for the younger drivers out there and posibbly with a few bonus points on the license :D

·
D1 and Only
1,347 Posts
Insurance

Last year, my first year of owning the Skyline, I paid £3000 fully comp with Direct Line as they were about the only company that insured under 25's on an Skyline.

It has now come round to renewal and after a day spent on the phone with various car mags, I managed to get it for £1895 fully comp. Not bad!!

This was with Keith Michael's in Surrey, really helpful and know what they are talking about when it comes to the different Slyline models.

Gve them a go

Cx

E

·
0 Posts
I went with Highway Insurance through Kieth Michaels.

They were the cheapest i found (apart from tescos) & it cost me £1100 fully comp with my no claims discount insured.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Gez Al i was only 24 when i got the skyline and was FC with directline and paid only 1k, now i'm 25 and have Laura on the policy its 1k again or it would have been £800.

How many years NCD do u have? I've got 6 now i think?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
get cheaper insrance

so......
is a 2000 pounds insurance plan for a GTS R33 cheap?
by the way, it is for 22 years old with no NCB.

Wil

·
Registered
19 Posts
the truth

jonb, i told them that i had brought it fom japan in this way and its got a big exhaust, metal air filter, and big wheels....

does that sound thick enough :) and to be honest they wernt botherered..

Dean

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Now this may sound dull... but its a means to an end. If you join the CSMA then go via Frizzel to Liverpool and Victoria you can get a seriously good discount. I saved 240 squid with gauranteed no claims protection for ever and declared my mods and an SP30 which didnt seem to worry them in the least. By the way CSMA do track days that are very cheap and under attended. Last year was Coombe, this year is Croft so far. Like I said means to an end. This took my insurance down to £560.00 fully comp, it pays to have years of N.C.B

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
I just found out that 6 points I thought I had on my license, aren't registered with the DVLA!!

Saved me £400!!!

Now depression is setting in that I've been overpaying for my insurance for the last 2 years!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts