Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Paul0547
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Was driving up a local steep hill the other day and a Clio guessing 172 went down the other way. He was costing down in neutral then wacked it in 3rd. All you could hear was explosions/bangs from the exhaust. Sounded amazing constantly backfiring. Would anyone know how he made his car do that? I know its unburnt fuel igniting on the backbox. But cant understand how it was backfiring so much.

Thanks

·
Paul0547
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh mate correct he was a chav. There was also a Evo 4 which used to do it at Croydon cruise. He used to give it a rev and used to do a deafening backfire. Im guessing that was due to turning the engine on and of quickly on the down rev. Seriously impressive tho. The lil chav in me is coming out on this thead lol.

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
probally just sitting on the rev limiter

·
Paul0547
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no he wasnt engine was under hardly any pressure. Sounds like a rally car its not the first time I have seen him about.

·
Devon/Cornwall Area Rep
897 Posts
piece of :mpee: mate, the old turning the ignition off trick is for cars with carbs but with injection stuff next time your going down a hill on over run just gently touch the throttle quickly and youll get pops and bangs if the exhausts warm, i mean just touch it aswell basically just enough put a tiny bit of fuel in i used to do it in my 106 and mr2 all the time, just make sure the exhaust on your skyline clears the back bumper coz it might get a little warm back there, youll need to have the car at atleast 3k on over run for it to do it aswell but it should do it pretty easily.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Interesting bdgtst i discovered that trick recently too, now i have a bov the bangs and flames are epic. I was guna post to ask if it was safe (for the skyline not the pedestrians or car behind!) can really feel some of them through the floor and seat, thought id hit a mine first time.

as for that clio my mk3 golf was the same years ago - no bafflers/silencer, dead straight exhast with no cat, coast down a hill let the clutch out in low gear and it sounded like anti-lag, couldnt really stop it infront of police tho

·
Devon/Cornwall Area Rep
897 Posts
Interesting bdgtst i discovered that trick recently too, now i have a bov the bangs and flames are epic. I was guna post to ask if it was safe (for the skyline not the pedestrians or car behind!) can really feel some of them through the floor and seat, thought id hit a mine first time.

as for that clio my mk3 golf was the same years ago - no bafflers/silencer, dead straight exhast with no cat, coast down a hill let the clutch out in low gear and it sounded like anti-lag, couldnt really stop it infront of police tho
ive done it dicking about with all my cars and never had a problem with it normaly do it to get fit birds to turn around so you can get a better look you know how it is lol i know that with the old carb car when you turn the ignition off and turn it back on you can blow the exhaust to pieces but doing it this way its just a small amount of un needed fuel that your putting in and it ignites in the hot exhaust, turbo cars are much beter for it than na though, your fairly local aswell when mines finished ill keep an eye out for you at some meets.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
its because your V2A BOV is causing you to massive overfuel ,mine did the same , valve gone now , have a skyline that drives properly too ... so smooth and pulls like a train

1 - 12 of 12 Posts