Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just have to say it as I remembered this morning.

Who on earth had the GTR Badge on the back of their car up at the POD when it was blatently not a GTR ?

Did anyone else see this or was hi seeing things because of the heat ?

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
dunno mate, I wasnt there....but wasnt there something said about this a while ago....it was on a GTS I think.....

·
Registered
469 Posts
Seen a few like that, including some on autotrader which were being sold as gtr's when they clearly weren't.

I get a wee bit suspicious when i see a 94 gtr advertised for 4 grand.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah its like, whats that ,... its a badge...... i know its a badge get it off......

Quotes from Applefresh at a recent Pod run.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Be proud of what you've got, don't try and be something you aint.

If I was unfortunate enough to have a GTR I would put a GTS badge on it

I have GTR brakes and a GTR front but thats cos I wanna stop and get some fresh air on my FMIC, I certainly wouldnt go around lying to the un-knowing

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
It was a white GTS with a carbon bonnet and a GTR Badge pn the ass end... Crying shame he felt he didn't want to be seen driving a GTS.. it was a nice an'all

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice sarcasm though Applejack, i would loan you my Sign in name for that comment you made to him.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
AppleJack said:
It was a white GTS with a carbon bonnet and a GTR Badge pn the ass end... Crying shame he felt he didn't want to be seen driving a GTS.. it was a nice an'all
He is a japanese guy, I met him at the Option Motorsport drift day on Monday, he imported the car as standard and has fitted a JUN bodykit to it, he was ok actually, so I for one will let him off :)

Wont catch me putting one on my car though....! :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
704 Posts
did he have a fancy bonnet on too. If so it might have been the guy I met at the Milton Keynes meet. Although the kit wasn't spayed then. Was the interior a bit wierd too?

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
It was a very heavy carbon bonnet.. well it was heavy compared to the GTR bonnet.. but as light as a feather compared to Sarcy's...

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
he aint heavy he's my brother. Yeah its a *****.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Hmm... GTR Badge on a GTS? Been there, wanted to wind folks up, felt like a twat, and duly removed it. Not clever. I love my GTS-T, and am proud of it. I think said chap will, in time, probably realise that a Skyline, GTR or GTS, is a fantastic piece of machinery, and be proud to own one without having to attempt to pass it off as something else.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
mattb said:
did he have a fancy bonnet on too. If so it might have been the guy I met at the Milton Keynes meet. Although the kit wasn't spayed then. Was the interior a bit wierd too?
Yup thats the one. looked like he had a white dash, although I didnt see it with the door open, looked mad though... :eek:

·
Registered
704 Posts
thought so. He's alright, plus he can source his own aero parts. Although I am still waiting for his picks of the JUN rear wing he has as I need it for my kit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts