Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of fitting mesh grille into my front bumper openings, should be better cosmetically, and protect whatever is in there.

I am planning to remove the bumper, anyone know how its fixed on ? Presumably bolted but how many bolts and where are they?

Cheerz.

Attachments

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
All along the top edge. Two inside each wheel arch and three under bonnet front grille. Put wheels on full lock each way and grope about on the lip just inside the arch.

·
Banned
852 Posts
I used stuff called Plastic Padding from Halfords and other auto shops. Its a kind of fibreglass paste thats really easy to use and sets quite quickly. Bonded my alloy mesh really well and it saves drilling holes in your bumper.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips - I didn't want to drill - superb!

Why can't I get the black mesh anywhere before Chrimbo?? Argh! :bash: I'm either going to have to wait or get metal-finish.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats a good one, cheers, but I got the mesh on Chrimbo-eve from Halfords. They started their sale so I got a a freebie with it. Wahoo!

Probably fit it tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Job done. Removed bumper to make an easier job, used silicone sealer to fix it and fitted new number plate at the same time. I sprayed the mesh with clear laquer to prevent corrosion.

Pic attached, although it doesn't show the mesh too well.

Thanks for all the advice.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Looking good my man - cracking job - looks much better, new plate helps a lot too - told you so ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts