Skyline Owners Forum banner

Is metal flake chav or not?

• Metal flake is pure BUUUUURBERRY!

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Metal flake is proper bo, do it Bro!

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Dunno don't care, why did I click on this thread...

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Legal Alien
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Giving the car a full respray soon, thinking black with gold metal flake, but is the metal flake a bit chavvy or not?

T

·
0 Posts
Relax go to it. When you want to go do it. In case I haven't mentioned it: DO IT. :)

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
some things need bling to bypass the shat you are running otherwise step away from the paint !!

Chavtastic and a SCREAM of look at me !!!

It's like sheffield birds wearing all those gold chains, Yes they may have cost alot but you still look like a complete tramp and your white shell suits with the yellow crotch make me think whore !!

some things look stunning in all there nakedness with small things done !

A hint there and a small touch there makes all the difference, don't go sheffiled on us !!

·
Legal Alien
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
getting mixed responses here...hmmm, i'm edging towards no metal flake, if i opted for the flake and it got completely overdone i think i'd be horrified. Someone mentioned panther black to me as a good colour (think it was panther), its a ford colour. Also thinking about silkver, but which silver i don't know. really need to get out and about and see some colours in the flesh. is there anywhere online that makes it simple to view a wide range of colours actually on cars, i've had a look round but to no avail...:bananadie:

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I went to modded uk the other day (not the best of experiences) and there were quite a few flacked cars and they were mainly saxos and corsas. In my opinion dont do it. Perhaps go for a more individual colour instead?

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Id say no...

I was going to respray my 33 something like below... Looks awesome i think, and would of suited the kit etc i had..

·
Anglian Area Rep
4,549 Posts
depends on the coarseness of the flake.
i have an irridescent metalflake mixed in my paint.
It's so fine that you only see it in extreme sunshine. the slightest layer of dust and you dont see it! :D

I personally love it as do most people that see it. No point me putting pics up as you will not see it in the pics.

It's the same as many new cars paints. My rx-8 had the same effect and that was what i was after.

I hate big massive chunks but done right and done well it looks great. ;)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts