Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guess what I saw saw today? yep an MG with a GTST engine in it, It was Al and clare taking delivery of there new unit,good luck guys

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
You're kidding me? My dad used to have an Mg Maestro. He loved it but said he would love a turbo. The turbo unit in the MG Maestro was apparently not THAT much faster than the N/A but with a GTST engine in a car that light it'll probably beat GTRs. Only problem is they are so light and so weak in structure they REALLY need to be carefull.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
I could be wrong but I suspect the MG was tansporting the afore mentioned engine so it can be popped in to their GTS

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Ah right. lol Was maybe getting abit carried away with the whole modifying thing there then. lol. Would be interesting to see if someone could do that in an MG Maestro though. I remember once I was thinking about putting a GTR engine in the Capri. Luckily I realised that the engine would most likely rip the car apart rather than just being extremely fast.

·
D1 and Only
1,347 Posts
Craig, many thanks for the engine. Most impressed!

The journey home was fun, a 2.5 V6 MG with a GTST engine, great fun! Did stop in a dodgy pub on the way back though.

Can't wait to drop to in the skyline, just a few more bits to get now.

Claire and Al

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Eddie I thought it would be a Maestro because it says in Al & Claires profile that they also drive an MG Maestro Turbo.

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
yeah, Al races the Maestro....but the engine is for the Skyline...so any engine part donations gladly accepted!! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts