Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Peeps,

The midbox on my exhaust it always touching speed bumps, Im worried that if it gets caught its gonna damage somthing, im guessing the fix is to remove it and get a straght pipe put in instead,

has anyone had this done?
what sort of cost am i looking at?
does the exhaust sound much different without that box in place?
also does anyone know anyone in cornwall that can do it??

Cheers
Dazzler

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hi,

I'll just chip in my 2 cents. The mid box is actually a resonator and it controls part of the sound which exits your exhaust.

What type of exhaust do you have? If you remove the resonator it will effect the back pressure and sound of the exhaust. This isnt really a problem, unless yours is a loud exhaust already. Some people with HKS Super Dragers take the resonator out as the exhaust is very quiet as standard.

Cost wise depends on the type of exhaust. Standard one will not set you back any more than about £50 - £100 to fit the bypass pipe. Basically your exhaust should come off the car, the resonator removed and a 2.5"/3" pipe welded in place. Some companies will remove the resonator in situ and weld an over size pipe in place then remove the exhaust to finish the welding.

If you've a stainless or polished exhaust it will be slightly more expensive.

If you have a big power car and non standard ecu you may have to get the ecu looked at as you have changed the way the exhaust works.

Its a worth while mod to be honest, providing you can live with the extra noise the exhaust makes.

John

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John,

It is a HKS Legal, it is stainless and it is also very quiet, (induction noise is louder) so a bit of extra noise is no problem ;)

since the post i have had a quote of £70 (thats without seeing it though) so im guessing that is a worthy price!

only basic mods on mine, boost controller, SAFC2, Induction and exhaust, (it made a healthy 274Bhp before the boost controller and safc)

gonna get this booked in then me finks!

Cheers
Dazzler

1 - 4 of 4 Posts