Skyline Owners Forum banner

Midnight purple ...differences??

146K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  needforspeed 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Did Nissan do different shades of midnight purple paint as some of the colours look completely different on here?

Some look really purple and some look more of a black.

Also what is the paintcode please?

To me it looks like it changed over the years, am I right saying that?

Pictures would be good please if you have a different shade have a purple car in general.

#4 ·
Shakysco is yours LP2 Midnight Purple?

ive just been trowlight through pages and seen the R34 has two different shadesits just knowing what the differences are lol.

That looks a nice colour Davie, was a nice colour to mix up that :)

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Try this links

Depends on which Midnight Purple you want. There were three.

For the R33, like my purple. Just a standard dark metallic purple.
LP2 - Midnight Purple

For the R34, there were two.

One is a purple with a bluish tinge that you can see at certain angles with the sun.
LV4 - Midnight Purple II - ImageShack - Best place for all of your image hosting and image sharing needs

This one is a purple with a greenish and bluish tinge you can see at certain angles with the sun.
LX0 - Midnight Purple III - http://i49.photobucket.com/alb...2.jpg

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
I get my pearls from paintwithpearl.com check their site out, what colours are in the paint?

To get the purple effect you need a ghost violet pearl over a Matt black base coat, if it has a blue or green then you need that too but I'm pretty sure there is a pearl with different colours in, as I say check the website out and if you explain to them what you want they will tell you how to get the effect :)

Check this one out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#17 ·
Cheers Davie got another quote today for £460 so pushing £500 with Vat, just waiting for one more reply then ill prob see about getting something mixed up i think.

The midnight purple II is a full on flip paint which changes colour in the light from purple to green and a hint of turquoise hence why its so expensive .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.