Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be buying some oil soon - Is Millers CFS 10w60w the best oil for my car, if not please can you tell me what is best?. Thanks
Lee.

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
I alwayts used it in the GTiR and it was the best stuff.. not sure whats in the skyline but I do know its red..

E

·
0 Posts
I use it all the time. Also got their synthetic gearbox oil in as well. Seems ok to me.

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
what grade oil is used in the gearbox? fully or semi synthetic oil? thinking of trying redline hi impact gearbox oil anyone used this?

E

·
0 Posts
75/90 is beat i think Tony. Think it might be semi snyth as fully synth is best in dog boxes. Millers do 2 versions of 75/90 & 1 of them is not reccomended for syncromesh boxes.

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
cheers eddie:)
found out via the web site vicky put up that the 4u2fit near me are a stockist, and i get trade discount via work would anyone be interested in a group buy?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
tonysmiff said:
cheers eddie:)
found out via the web site vicky put up that the 4u2fit near me are a stockist, and i get trade discount via work would anyone be interested in a group buy?
I could "easily" be persuaded by saving a few £ :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My oil arrives on Friday 10w - 60w millers, what I want to know is how much oil does the liner take? At a guess I'd say about 4 litres. Does the amount of oil need to take into account for oil in the filter?.

Thanks
LEE.

·
Registered
194 Posts
oil

What No oilcooler ! If so add contents of + pipework and with an rb26 best to add 0.5 litre anyway.
jurt my 8 pints worth:40oz:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hello,
when i went to collect the oil on friday the idiots had only got millers diesel oil,and its the only one they sell !! not that they told me this at the time,have found another shop that sells millers but not the cfs 10w60w,the nearest they have is a fully sin 5w40w xfs, this is no good, so does anyone know where i can get this from in southend or surrounding areas,or a company that does it mail order

cheers
lee

p.s have been on the millers web site,put my address in but it could not find nothing !!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts