Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seen a couple on ebay that say there for stage 1 tuning, my question is how good is the map on them and are they re-mappable?

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Not that good according to the Aussies but then they think Welbro fuel pumps and AVCR's are utter crap too.

I did see a comparison once that showed very little change over stock.

for the price of it id just go to RSP get there plug and play stage one at least you know what your getting

·
... is modifying the driver
7,524 Posts
Thing I never liked about getting a Mines ECU is how do you know what's its actually mapped for ?? and it will be setup for 100 RON Jap fuel, could have worked great on the car it came off and make another one run rough, as said get an RSP ECU, which is the same as a Mines ECU anyway, a chipped stock ECU or get an aftermarket ECU and a fully custom remap

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
In the days when the first 'chips' were being ripped off and copied, Mine's took the view that they were going to put a stop to that.

So Mine's ECUs have the chip fixed and then slathered in resin. Impossible to remove without doing mighty damage to the board.

They are not mappable, so you need the original spec, i.e. exactly what it was mapped for...

As has been said Jap Fuel, and they normally specify a certain boost level, etc

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've been running a Mine's ECU on my R32 GTR since around 2014? I have not had any problems, but this come with some BIG caveats.

I bought mine back when I was living in Germany, because (for rather obvious reasons) I wanted to get rid of the speed limiter. For that, it worked fine. It ran perfectly well on European 98 RON, and later on ran fine on US 93 octane. (Different rating systems, I'll let y'all look it up.)

Now, my engine is bone stock, save for a down pipe and exhaust. Stock boost levels.

However, the Mine's unit supposedly runs allot of advance. This could possibly start causing pre-detonation once you raise the boost levels. This is important for me now, because I plan to finally (!) put some half way decent turbos on my car, along with supporting mods. I do not know if this is safe. If anyone out there has further information on how much boost you can run on the Mine's ECU, I'm all ears.

Long story short: If your car is otherwise stock, in my experience you'll be fine. Crank up the boost? Danger Zone?

Lana!

Danger Zone.

·
Registered
93 Posts
running a Mine's on an r32gtr since a while now.......if you wanna know what it's mapped for, just take the serial on the sticker, and send an email to Mine's, they'll answer.

You cannot remap them, they glued some epoxy thing on the eeprom......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts