Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whee....... Gonna be super noisy next week....

At the moment there's an HKS Hiper (hyper or however the fcuk you spell it) on the car from the turbo back, but its too quiet.

So, on monday or tuesday, its going in to GT-ART for a play.

Got a lovely, custom hand-made bypass/screamer pipe going on which should be interesting.

Basically, the front pipe comes out, and a strange flange goes on the turbo behind the turbine.

Its got two pipes, a weird mesh and some other techie stuff to separate the turbine gases from the wastegate gases...

What happens is when driving normally the gases from the turbine wheel and the wastegate pass down the exhaust as normal. Once you hit full boost, and the wastegate is open, then thoses gases coming out go, well... Nowhere. Straight out to atmosphere after a few inches of pipe.

Gonna be getting me some earplugs I suspect, its gonna sound like Concorde!

Wheeeee................:D :D

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Surely that is illegal? lol One of the things on my list next is a set of external dump valves like the lovelly Lisa has :D They sounded NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE going past me at silverstone :( lol

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
hehe. Would love to see the look on his face.

Yeah I do mean external wastegates and couldn't you have just edited your first post? lol

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
I post to keep you at bay. Also can you extend the pipe so it comes out in front of the passanger door and spits flames over pedestrians and makes little brats cry, can you eh eh ?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ROFL!!!! Don't see why not..... Might just whack the old front pipe on the atmosphere vent and stick it behind the pax side wheel arch. Apparently these things are flame tastic, so I better get an order in for some shielding for the footwell and bulkhead....

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh boy :D :D :D :D

Got the pipe fitted down at GT-ART's new premises today.
To say that I am chuffed would be an understatement. Beautiful handmade and polished pipework, and the SOUND is awesome....

My car's always had a nice rumbly warble to it on idle, but now its so much throatier....
Open her up and it warbles reasonable loudly, with a lot of throat and a bit of song.
Hit over .3 bar boost and the world goes mental til you lift off....
Its LOUD. Very.
Imagine a huge yank big block V8... Well, take that warbling roar and make it louder, higher pitched, and more frenzied......

I am a very happy man. Spools up quicker too....

Whee...........
Had to get some of the bulkhead and piping round that are protected with metal tape and stuff for the flames, like a kid in a toy shop today.

Gary can get more similar pipes, so if anyone's interested he might do a group buy deal. They ain't cheap, but its worth it.....

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Heh heh..... Dunno how the fitment varies between 32 and 33 GTS's (are the turbo's the same?), but I presume he can get 'em for a 33 as well. Although, everyone knows 32's are special. ;)

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, I forgot to take my digital camera, but I took a few with the phone. However, Its refusing to transfer them to the PC at the moment..... Arse.

Still, I'll get them on here sometime soon.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts