Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Does anyone know how to transfer video from a digital camera to a PC without buying new hardware. Got a JVC GR - DVX 507EK but cant figure it out. Instructions are a pile of pooh!!

Its got these outputs:

Edit
AV
SVideo
DV
USB

We can get the pics off but have no idea how to transfer the video.

Any input would be greatly recieved.

Cheers,

Ian

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
I have a JVC DV707 or summat like that, I have bought some software but I did get some with the camera that will allow download from the camera to the PC via the USB... I use pixela as I find it easy to use.. but need to learn how to compress it so its the same movie but a smaller file... Paul has done it for me in the past...Robo that is...

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Hmmm... DV out is usually Firewire (IEE1394) which is the same as a Sony I-Link port I believe.

Hook up to the firewire port on your PC (if you have one) and let windows figure it out (if you are on XP).
Movie maker should handle the basics well.

Firewire port on the PC will probably be full size. About 2/3 inch long, 1/4 inch high, and kinda curved at one end.

PC world should be able to supply a cable from the camera's DV port to the PC's Firewire.

If you don't have a firewire port, you may need to get an additional card for the machine....

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
I've got a JVC GR-DX25 and can transfer video through the DV cable to the FireWire card I bought, or through USB. Didn't like the Pixella software as it either made HUGE good quality videos or small shite quality ones. Ulead Video Studio 7 is superb.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks Guys, Ill give that a go.

I work for GAME and went to Thruxton yesterday for the premire of Need for Speed Underground.

They had a 1000 BHP Skyline, Evo 7, RX 7, 650 bhp Supra and all sorts of other Jap cars there for us to drive and be driven in. It was an superb day and I wanted to get some of the footage on the PC.

The game is prety awsome also!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts