Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This week off has given me time to do some jobs on the GTS-T
So i,ve done:
Decat & frontpipe
Started and ran ok
Fitted Z32afm
started and ran ok
fitted walbro 255lph fuel pump with battery off
started but had misfire throughout the rev range, seemed to get a tiny amount better as it warmed up but was still there.
Today fitted new Coil packs and iridium plugs
Started and the same misfire again, i must add that the fuel is very low (cant go to fuel up today as i have the dash out)
Could this be the fuel pump needing the earth mod or is it low fuel or something else?....could it even be the ecu because its reset with the battery been off?

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Try putting some more fuel in. Check all your connections again and make sure the hoses are nice and tight. What other mods have you got as your fueling will be out with exhaust and afm being changed so will require remapping in the future. However it does sound like theres somthing not right if its missing after you changed the fuel pump.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
sorry if im missing something here, but just fitting a z32 without a re-map will cause a mis-fire on its own. :dunno:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry if im missing something here, but just fitting a z32 without a re-map will cause a mis-fire on its own.
So ..Put old AFM back on first?
And take Z32AFM with me when i go for a remap?

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,712 Posts
So ..Put old AFM back on first?
And take Z32AFM with me when i go for a remap?
yip, you can't run the z32 afm on stock ecu with no air/fuel computer

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have got an Apexi safc2 but its not fitted yet,
should i remove old afm ...replace with standard afm disconnect battery to reset ecu and see what happens?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think its stock but after posting a dyno i got with the car a few people said it must have had a remap?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I,ve been told to put the old Afm back on....do an Ecu reset and then get a remap!
I,ve got some Jecs 555cc injectors coming and i,m also going to get either a reworked turbo or bigger turbo so might as well get a remap then.

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
As above you can not just fit a Z32 without a remap and this will be the cause of your problem.

If you are fitting injectors and a bigger turbo I would not bother with the SAFC as it is not designed to run that many mods and will not give the best results.

Richard

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers Richard!
Got the new coil pack mate cheers...............will be coming down to you for a remap as well

·
n00bie bashing ECR33 owner
145 Posts
As everybody says; the Z32 AFM does it.
A fuel install will not cause any change in delivered fuel, as it's a return system; what is not used, goes back into the tank via the fuel pressure regulator.
As above you can not just fit a Z32 without a remap and this will be the cause of your problem.

If you are fitting injectors and a bigger turbo I would not bother with the SAFC as it is not designed to run that many mods and will not give the best results.

Richard
Piggyback computers like the super afc are technology dinosaurs anyway.
But, he could still use it as a monitoring device though, as it keeps track of about every engine related sensor in the car... and if he would júst fail MOT because of emissions being a bit too high, he could fiddle a bit with the SAFC settings untill it's emmisions are right for the test (and then change it back); I know a few people with a V-AFC who use it for monitoring and the occasional temporary small change for getting through the Dutch MOT (wich is called APK).
Makes it a nice little supporting gimmick, no more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.