Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RB25 (R33 stage one) - car been misfiring since we steam cleaned it when we got it (had been lying in a field i think for a very long time!) - now changed spark plugs, replace coil packs (fitted driftworks wasted kit), replaced fuel pump with walbro pump, changed cas, changed afm, checked timing - and its still misfiring :-((. It idles fine and will trundle along fine until you put any load on it then it starts misfiring - on full throttle misfire stops. Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on what the prob could be - i am worried we are running out of options - oh, and got fuel pressure regulator to fit next week - maybe over or under fuelling.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
It sounds as though it would have been cheaper to take it to a tuner like Abbey or RSP..

Aitch

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
Aitch is right, it would be easier to have had it diagnosed and saved buying lots of parts that may not have been needed. We see it alot and it is annoying but I guess people think it will be expensive for a company like us to diagnose the problem. In most cases a few dyno runs with all our diagnostics equipment conncected will tell you what needs fixing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts