Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Although I'm not lucky enough to be a proud owner of a Skyline, I have to make do with my MR2 Turbo (aka hairdryer)..

After cleaning my car very lovingly this morning, and driving it without any problems at all about 6 or so miles over to Busters & Mr Hunts place of residence, the car then develops a Nasty Misfire and proceeds to idle irratically and the likes..

I had a quick check around the engine checking the usual suspects (leads, distributor cap) to find all in their rightful place..
Checked the oil level again to ensure that i hadn't lost any in the short distance travelled, again was fine..

Anyway took the car out for a spin to see if it would do it whilst under load, YES it did although the further we travelled the more it seemed to smooth out..
Now the thing is running sweet as a nut as it was first thing this morning..!!!

Any ideas???

Its due a service soon (having checked the plugs which are clean and spaced ok) which could have something to do with it??

Does a blockage somewhere in the internals sound like a feasable factor for this problem..??

Oh, and the response i got off the MR2 boys was a waste of 5 minutes of my life.. useless..

·
Registered
104 Posts
The MR2s are very prone to breaks in the insulation on the leads, they tend to miss when under load or at full boost. Sometimes its quite hard for people to notice but I have had a few in that have been missing higher up the rev band but the customer has not noticed.

Particularly we tend to get a lot of problems with the ignition system, especially leads, when running gas. After changing the leads most all costomers have noted that not only is it fine when the gas is on but the car is much smoother at all times.

In your case I recon you have had the leads damp and its been a bit easier for the m to arc out, get yourself a nice set of magnecore leads hopefully that will help :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts