Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I have recently bought an r33 gtst 1995 with 100k km on the clock and a few mods, front mount, air filter, full straigjht through system. just recently when i take her above 4500rpm it starts popping and back firing, was wondeing if anyone had any helpful suggestions on the prob? it also idles very lumpy and i thought maybe it hadnt been mapped to run on uk fuel, as it is a fairly recent import? thanks alot!

·
Registered
281 Posts
i had the same problem on mine
check the plugs and coils 1st, if these are ok you will need to sort out the fueling maybe get a safc as a fairly cheap option:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
..and check the AFM, there's a whole thread or two on this!

Aitch

·
Seasoned Member
4,929 Posts
Hey mate, I had the exact same problem, I changed the plugs and reconditioned the coilpacks...use the search button as there is a thread on how to do this, really easy and should fix your common problem. Or if you dont mind spending a bit of money you could buy the Splitfire coilpacks. Cheers

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
could be lots of things, including any of the things already mentioned. I used to have a similar problem after making the mistake of cleaning the engine bay without realising the spray contained silicon. sent the boost solonoid haywire..

·
Registered
610 Posts
i had to regap mine when it missfired. check and make sure they are at .8 mm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts