Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

After changing to RSP coilpacks and new NGK iridiums, the R33 GTS-T is still misfiring badly between 4800-6000 rpm. I have a feeling its needs ign timing adjustment but could it be anything else? I don't feel it fuel pump as it seems to pull nicely again after 6k rpm. And also doesn't misfire all the time, sometimes if you go slowly through the revs, its usually doesn't misfire and pulls all the way to redline.

Any other ideas appreciated!

Oh and Happy Christmas!

·
R33 GTS25-T
597 Posts
Sounds like it's gap to me. Check your spark gaps. Seems to be blowing spark out since you say that if you go slow it wont do it.

I personally hate iridium because they are hard to do gaps on. Copper works fine for me.

·
Administrator
25,973 Posts
what other mods do you have?

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,705 Posts
get the CAS sensor checked like i said

that was the issue on mine, not coilpacks/plugs, replacing them will just cover up the actual fault

on the dyno, the curve was not as good as it should have been, got a replacement CAS sensor from GTR Shop on here and car was back to normal.....

its either the CAS or possibly overfueling

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It has FMIC, turbo back system, filter. Running standard boost. Tried 3 different set of plugs already so don't think its them, but they have all been iridiums... Just got a timing gun so gonna check the timing, if that doesn't solve it I'm gonna go crazy!

·
Administrator
25,973 Posts
my car was missfiring the same mate and an rsp ecu cured it as it was overfuelling massively at that rev range but depending on weather it would sometimes be ok :) but i had upped the boost to 0.85

and as above check the cas as well

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
given the date i thought this was likely to be about sprouts............

hohohohohohoho

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, finally got to check the timing today. Can anyone confirm that the white mark on the right is the timing mark I need to line up?

If so I have lined it with the fourth marking on the pulley from the left for 15 btdc, is that right? Thanks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any help appreciated with this please!

Also I setted the timing with the TPS disconnected and was around 600 rpm but when I reconnect I get normal idle of 800-900 rpm, is this right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts