Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
if its not jap its scrap
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi thare chaps.just fitted me new turbo everything running grate appart from between 5to6 thousand reves it hesatates and missfires could this be my coils or does it need to be remaped :rofl:

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
are you sure its a missfire as they do tend to pop and bang sometimes/ was the turbo uprated or like for like

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Is your new turbo bigger? running more boost? give us some more info bud.

·
if its not jap its scrap
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a std turbo baught it off a mate that got it off turbo dynimics it was rebuilt it was never fitted as i got the box and opend it.i supose it more like a hesitate than a miss fire the turbo went back on like the old turbo no probs boosts up grate and runs fine on till it gets to 5 to 6 thousand revs then its grand agen when u let off

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
It may be fuel cut if running too high boost, what are you running matey?

·
if its not jap its scrap
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im running std boost lads havent got my apexi boost controler yet.ill change the plugs tomorow and have a look at my coils 2.have a new fuel filter on it 2 think ill order a gtr one cheers lads for the replys

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
Unless you are going for serious HP with a custom fuel system then a fuel filter is a fuel filter. A new standard one will be fine. I don't even know if there is a difference with a GTR filter, would be surprised if they weren't the same?

·
if its not jap its scrap
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just looking trough the forum it seem to be a comin prob but a buger to find what it is i think ill just get it remaped and see if that brings up any fault readings when im down thare

·
Registered
334 Posts
What mods are on the car. If the turbo is a hybrid and you don't have a reprogramable ECU you might have det issues around 4-6000rpm range. Get the car on a rolling road asap. You won't be running standard boost now.

·
if its not jap its scrap
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
only engine mod damo is a screamer pipe and up graded turbo std turbo rebilt buy turbo dynimics im going to ring tomorow to get it booked in for the rolling road there does seem to be a high spike in the boost at times all wright

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had the same problem a while ago, changed the plugs to NGK 6's (depending on your mods) cleaned up the coil packs, and runs perfectly now.

·
if its not jap its scrap
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cheers duke5 ill give that a go have me apexi boos controler orderd

1 - 14 of 14 Posts