Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm from La Paz-Bolivia, SOUTH AMERICA, and I own a 1993 r33 gts25t, I had many problems with it and I was able to resolve them all until now... Let me give you guys a quick resume of the problem. I blown my turbo trying to get steady 20 psi, it did for about 2 minutes then after a explosion sound a big cloud of smoke appeared on my back.... Well the turbo was destroyed, it happened to have a leak on one of it's bolts and it was making way more than 20 psi to get that on the intake....

I got a very similar turbo, which seems to be working great, the headache started when I tried to increase the boost again, when increasing it more than 10 psi it starts to missfiring?, is like spluttering and the exhaust sounds really like coughing badly and it doesn't go further than 4500 rpm. When running 7 psi it only bothers when at 1500-2500 and it does the same thing, then it goes pretty much OK. I checked the fuel pressure and the pump is OK, I checked the compression on each cylinder and they were OK, changed the AFM for a Z32 one and nothing..... I'm really stumped with the problem since there is a race in three weeks and I got lots of stuff only for it. PLEASE HELP, ANY ADVISE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

THANKS IN ADVANCED.

·
Autobahn Burner
1,223 Posts
Hi,

I'm from La Paz-Bolivia, SOUTH AMERICA, and I own a 1993 r33 gts25t, I had many problems with it and I was able to resolve them all until now... Let me give you guys a quick resume of the problem. I blown my turbo trying to get steady 20 psi, it did for about 2 minutes then after a explosion sound a big cloud of smoke appeared on my back.... Well the turbo was destroyed, it happened to have a leak on one of it's bolts and it was making way more than 20 psi to get that on the intake....

I got a very similar turbo, which seems to be working great, the headache started when I tried to increase the boost again, when increasing it more than 10 psi it starts to missfiring?, is like spluttering and the exhaust sounds really like coughing badly and it doesn't go further than 4500 rpm. When running 7 psi it only bothers when at 1500-2500 and it does the same thing, then it goes pretty much OK. I checked the fuel pressure and the pump is OK, I checked the compression on each cylinder and they were OK, changed the AFM for a Z32 one and nothing..... I'm really stumped with the problem since there is a race in three weeks and I got lots of stuff only for it. PLEASE HELP, ANY ADVISE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

THANKS IN ADVANCED.
over fueling quite badly i imagine, you also cannot use a z32 afm without an aftermarket ecu or an apexi safcII or NEO. Also you cannot run more than 10-11 psi(. 8 bar) on a stock turbo or it will destroy itself! I also own a 1993 gtst and the coil packs were toast, If yours are stock they are about 30k or 40k kms past their prime. splitfire coil pack will solve most of your issues as long as you stay under 11 psi on the stock ecu.
:cheers:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would go with coils & plugs.

I take it you haven't messed about with the NVCS/VVT solenoid & left it un plugged or anything silly like that.

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
my bet would be on the AFM and or the coilpacks both giving out with the extra boost your running

do you have an after market ECU (apexi power FC) to be able to map the car to run the Z32 AFM as the standard ecu won't be able to read the 5v signal from the Z32

i would also look at up grading the injectors

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info

The only thing I didn't check were the coil packs, I checked the plugs and seem to be OK, The thing is that I was able before to run 15 psi (17 psi peak, then dropped to 15) and the car had no problems... (I have wiseco pistons, FMIC, 3 inch complete exhaust, 120 psi pump at the rail, apexi intake, HKS SSQ BOV, after market ground system, and the new turbo is re-bored) It was really killer, and just after I received my new turbo the problem started. I don't know if my coil packs are stock, but it did come with a aftermarket ground system for all the plugs. Considering the Z32 AFM just being plugged to the car (like I did yesterday) that variable is still a question then. I'll need to find the right one to test it. There are no others gts25t around, do you think a sr20DE afm would be useful?

Help please...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HOw did you fix yours?, was it only the coil packs? what is the part number for them? and do you know what exactly should I be looking at when removing them? never tested them before ;(
Thanks again..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Dave, I'll read a bit more about checking the coil packs, and if needed I'll get the spitfires. Do you know if a SR20DE AFM would be ok to test my car with?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts