Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, my idle is being a bit funny at the moment, it seems a bit lumpy, it sounds like its missing a tiny bit sort of like...

brrrrrbrrrbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrbrrrrrrrrbrrrrrrrrrrr un eavenly lol, it dosent realy affect usage and its smooth (i think) while driving, but as soon as you stop and idle it starts doing the missing or lumpyness.

i know its not normal, what can cause this? spark plugs being the wrong spacing? i dont think its dirty injectors as ive run a injector cleaner through, is there anything else i can try to fix it? could it be something realy small and overlooked? or is there something large in the works causing this thats going to set me back some money to fix?

any help is apreaciated.

ta

·
Administrator
25,983 Posts
i hope you find out whats wrong as mine has been like this for over 3 years :rofl:

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
i hope you find out whats wrong as mine has been like this for over 3 years :rofl:
bloody hell Reeper you still not found it lol As I keep changing things it keeps getting better, sat there the other day on idle for well over 10 minutes and was bang on ! at first i put it down to changing the air flow meter to a Z32 AFM but it has done it since that was fitted, There is only one thing left that I can think of and that its due to 2 missing exhaust manifold studs once it gets warmed up ?

·
Administrator
25,983 Posts
nope not found it yet mate :rofl:
and get them done mate :)

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Its the two on the ends right and left all the rest are in place so not creating a massive problem but yes they will be done, before remap ! might even get rid of the ticking when warm.

·
Administrator
25,983 Posts
it will get rid of ticking completely mate but get them done asap :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.