Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people..

Looking at purchasing the above... tis a 2.8 turbo diesel model.. M reg, £2225..

Anyone had any experience of these? Anything to look out for etc??

Never had a 4x4 in my life so not sure where to start!

(i know it aint a skyline but you guys are the most knowledgable people i know!)

cheers,

:D :D

·
Registered
593 Posts
We had a LWB Shogun. Brilliant 4x4 and really reliable. But I will say that a mechanic friend of mine says that the Pajero's can have headgasket problems so watch out with buying one. The only other known problem I have heard about is the gearboxs on the Shoguns but I never had any problems with mine but it had had very light usage when I bought it back in 2000 and it was an M plate 2.8td.

·
Allkiller No Filler
1,253 Posts
Mine was the same as your looking at....Faultless car.
only problem i ever had with it was oil cooler at front sprung a leak where the pipe passes thru the slam panel. Rubbing
easily fixed.
Good work horse
Fuel consumption is worse than the Skyline

O

·
0 Posts
Ive had one as well, the headgaskit is only a problem in the older 2.5 version not the 2.8, the 2.8 is a very good engine though a little bit thirsty. woo hoo.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
No cam belt on the 2.8 either - is its a manual - watch out for jumping out of 4th gear - and ive had a ring gear go on mine before.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
i am thinking of buying one too? ( something to tow the skyline to track days ;) )

but i also thought about a delica? its a floorpan/chassis of a shogun but much more roomier!

Attachments

D

·
0 Posts
I use a auto SWB 2.8 turbo diesel Pajero as a recovery vehicle at work, faultless so far in over 5 years of abuse :D

·
Registered
263 Posts
One problem I had with my pajero is some little weed stole the bullbars. Make sure everything is welded on:eek: Other than that a sound car, In four years my own has needed a glowplug relay two headlamps and i've just doen the brakes and exhaust. The gearbox is a bit notchy when cold but thats what you get for not checking the oil since ye bought it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts