Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone reassure me that im correct in waht im saying please.......i bought my skyline around months ago form a garage and on test drive it had a knoacking from rear left. I thought it was suspension, garage said not but agreed to pay for it if found faulty. Anyhow after some admin issues in gettin this problem sorted the garage is now refusing to repair the car as to much time had passed. Issue was diagnosed by an external garage 2 days after i bought the car stating the shocker had completly failed (tein). Anyhow the garage said they would give me a set of standard second had shocks as replacement which i said ok to. Now after contacting the garage again there saying they will only give me 2 rear shocks and to run the front of the car on the tein coilovers. A kind of mix and match setup. Now im not a mechanic but to me this is an unsuitable setup, having standard softer springs on the rear, and extreamly stiff tein coil overs on the front (damper adjusment seized). I would assume it would serverley affect the drive. Any one with any comments?? please feel free to correct me if im wrong in anyway. Thanks

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
Unacceptable, it will kill you... Do not accept it!!!

Name and Shame I say, that is just wrong to even suggest.
If they say you need new coilover and pay toward the cost (partly), at least that is still acceptable. To ask you to mix suspension mean they have no concern for your safety!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, glad im not the only one thinking this. Im curently waiting for the garage to get back to me on what they propose. Ive requested they either replace the damage one with a replacement which have now been discontinued so wil be hard, or return it to standard. I have in writting that they would cover this and the garage owner signed it. Its been 2 months since i bought it. Basically i phoned up with the issue straight away once i had i checked. I was advised to wait for the warrenty to be processed....2months later i still did not have this....when the warrenty company finally said i had a policy they told me it did not cover the problem. Thats the reason for the wait of 2 months :(

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
You can always ask them for like £300-£400 cash and you will sort the rest yourself. That way you can pick up a new set of coilover (D2 spring to mind. ;) ) And it will only cost you £2-300 extra and you will get a NEW set of coilover with a year warranty...

Might be the easiest way and safest way out. Just a thought.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah thats wat i suggested to them first but he said hes not willing to do that....untill now i have to wait his reply on friday when is partner is there.....garages eh!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts