Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever been pulled over for being too noisy?

has anyone ever had a police officer question the fact they have no cat?

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
no & no.

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Me neither

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
got pulled over in me old astra when i was 17 the rear box had fallen of mind :):)

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
lol did it hit their car, is that why they pulled you over :) I hate ashtrays.

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Got pulled for being too noisy on my bike but never in a car.
Although having been pulled for a 'random check':rolleyes: once I did get questioned about the 'noise efficiency' of my exhaust....... not in the Skyline though.

·
Registered
113 Posts
A mate of mine got pulled many moons ago in his modded Chevette (dont laugh, it was quick) for noise. He asked the plod what the legal limit was and if he had the means to measure it there and then, and if he didnt to piss off. In a nice way, of course.

Fact is its the same with speeding, if they aint got the calibrated equipement to test with then its meaningless. And beleive me, when you get into noise measurement you can start baffling them with background noise calcs etc...

Laters,
Pad

·
Registered
113 Posts
at what distance, revs, load on engine, level of background noise etc. etc... this is what I mean.

Still, mine sounds like a hamsters fart in a bath so no worries there!! ;)

Laters,
Pad

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
at what distance, etc.... hmmm hmmmmmm ?

N

·
0 Posts
18inches , back ground noise does not come it 2 it . engine load , 75% of max power ...

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
dont see how you can get 75% power on a turbo car, sitting at a standstill, sorry simply not enough restriction to make that sort of boost levels at standstill.

And I have never seen a copper running 18" behind me when im on boost.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Indeed, I cant see that this applies to turboéd cars as the turbo actually is quieter until it is on boost.

Aspirated cars I can understand.

Honestly thought, next time i speak to a copper I will ask him if they have a sound tester which is calibrated every day in their car as part of their equipment.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
hahaha

·
Old Member
814 Posts
Thw air intake makes more noise than the exhaust on mine..... keeps the kids away though, Ha Ha Hatishooo

1 - 20 of 20 Posts