Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ive modded a couple of plenums now, my own and one for anthonymcgrath. im also doing one for littlewozzer.. this is a spare one i just got finished...

i recon it will be the last one i do, as the work involved and the running around, dosnt really make it worth doing for the amount i make.

so no part exchange, you get a modded plenum and you get to keep your old one as well.

£80 collected
or £90 posted..

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l104/la8rat/ants plenum/antsplenum1.jpg

cant get pics to work today sorry... thats a link to a pic of ants plenum i did a few weeks back.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok ben

once the plenums in place the rest is just a plumbing job..

it all depends on what other bits and bats you have on the car.. ants had an aftermarket bov wich meant we didnt need to plumb in the recirc part of thing.

asuming you fmic will have 60 mm hard pipes youll need ..

a 60mm silicone t peice
a 60mm to 70 mm silicone reducer

pluss some other smaller pipes and joiners for the aac valve feed, a lot also depends on where you deside to have your recirc/bov sited... mine and ants have it between the turbo and the fmic.. but otheres have it between the fmic and the throtle body.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i made the throtle cable bracket from the old bracket with some angle grinding.

the 90 degree bend going into the throtle body is whats left over from your fmic hardpipe kit, just cut it down..

dont get the arc/greddy style fmic (pipes go back under the front of the car) you want the sort most people have where the pipes go over the engine

·
Registered
805 Posts
ok, so basically i need to spend money on :
1. fmic kit ( the most common one, autobahn88 or apex or ebay special that need drill hole on the chassis leg)
2. some silicon hoses
3.find the place for the bov or standard recirc. ( do i need welding, this is the only think i cant do with DIY at the moment.)
is this a full stop?

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
60mm T-piece on here...

http://www.siliconhoses.com/content.asp?inc=product&catalog=0022TP&cat=0022TP

reducers here...

http://www.siliconhoses.com/content.asp?inc=product&catalog=0022S&cat=0022S

oh and FMIC kit mate dont look anywhere else but here...

www.japspeed.co.uk

got a 70mm to 60mm reducer on mine now from the throttle body to the fmic-out pipe. The T-piece is a bit further down and the aac uses the smaller hole on the T-piece to plumb into.

the sound from mine is immense - ppl are convinced theres a boost leak but nothing - just a mad turbo resonance through the hardpipe where the vta bov is - makes it sound like a full on turbine ..in short - amazing lol!

If you look at my engine pic you'll see the bov is fitted to the original position where the recirc valve goes - I have a flange to fit the vta bov :)

not experienced any stalling issues with the bov on the turbo side - most ppl are adamant that it should sit on the other side (just before throttle) and I was the same but now its fitted I really dunno what the big discussion is with it all tbh - it works just as well on the other side.

oh and boost lag is reduced massively - mine was hitting 1.2 bar in 2nd gear with no sweat (till my cambelt and crank pulley woodruff key starting playing up then I needed that replacing lol).

hope that helps and Si hope I'm not posting up too much nonsense here :)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi blaine

not sure on postage costs bud.. think its about 3 kg royalmail website says between 16 and 20 uk pounds depending on service

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats more or less it as you listed it ben.

no welding is required (i cant weld eather)

its best to have acsess to a nice pile of old hoses and pipes when you do the job.. you probably cobble somthing together to get it up and running and then youll neaten things up later on..

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
little wozzer do you remember the exact weight of it boxed up bud?

ive looked on the box and can only find the postage cost, but no weight..

i think as blaine is in rerpublic of ireland its not classed as uk so it costs more

·
Registered
233 Posts
Well i was thinkin bout one of these for a while, was goin to try do it myself but just be handier to buy one, so if you can get a price in or £20 i'll take it

·
Registered
45 Posts
cant do it on a r32 buddy diffrent manifold!

out of intrest in the pic u have posted up why have you looped the water in and out on the throttle body? why not just leave them open? it dosent penatrate into the throttle body causing an air leak, so theres no need to join it up with pipe!

·
Registered
18 Posts
did this cause any running problems as i've heard of some problems about mixture getting put out due to the different postion of the throttle body

1 - 20 of 25 Posts