Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
9,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

12th of october in naas. who's going??

i have been talking to tristan, and he said that they werent letting owners clubs enter stands for the show, BUT said he will allow me to bring up to 6 cars as long as i have something special for him ;) so i said all i want is space for 4/5 as i dont want to be showing the same cars at each show.

now the last show that we had a stand at was heatwave with sandstorm/dunner/r33line/gtt john on it,
for this one im thinking myself/kieran/kierans mate/johnser what do you lot think??? or have any cars in mind for the stand,

dont worry if your not picked for this stand as there are plenty of shows each year.

·
Registered
17 Posts
To be honest this show looks rubbish, just like the magazine who promote it. It all seems a bit 5 years ago wit the emphasis being on show & shine and a few scaldy tramps posing round the place. Sure they have a live action arena but it's 7th on the list of attractions! Last time I checked the best thing about owning modified cars was actually using them!
I guaran-damn-tee you this show will not be worth the 20 Euro entry fee that they are charging.
Just my opinion, but I won't be attending...

·
Seasoned Member
9,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To be honest this show looks rubbish, just like the magazine who promote it. It all seems a bit 5 years ago wit the emphasis being on show & shine and a few scaldy tramps posing round the place. Sure they have a live action arena but it's 7th on the list of attractions! Last time I checked the best thing about owning modified cars was actually using them!
I guaran-damn-tee you this show will not be worth the 20 Euro entry fee that they are charging.
Just my opinion, but I won't be attending...
duely noted, but its really about getting the cars out to be seen, and also getting the site name out there for me, so either wat if there is a show on skylineowners will be there if i can arrange it ;)

and as for the suggestion simon its noted too :D was thinking of that too still undecided ;) but for a show i do want to have a standard version of each with beside a highly tuned version, but might leave that for coolnights :D

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,701 Posts
which ever setup we do, we should all have spec lists done out and in the windows or on display, you always get asked what spec and power it is, looks good to have it in the window etc

i have access to an A4 lamanator

·
Seasoned Member
9,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
which ever setup we do, we should all have spec lists done out and in the windows or on display, you always get asked what spec and power it is, looks good to have it in the window etc

i have access to an A4 lamanator
good man, your in charge of that so lol.

so many plans for stands dont know what to go for lol

·
Irish Metal Warrior
3,637 Posts
get a varation of them

6 cars

1x32 GTST
1x32 GTR
1x33 GTST
1x33 GTR
1x34 GTT
1x34 GTR

sorted, park them all up in order and there is your stand
Good idea Simon :cheers:

for the r33 gtst i'd reccomend gavingoodall's pretty sweet and lotsa "BLING" in the engine bay :)
Agreed :drool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
A fair point Mick. When it comes to promotion you can never have enough publicity. Do you still have to ay the 20 quid entry if your car is on display or do they do special rates for clubs etc?

·
Seasoned Member
9,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A fair point Mick. When it comes to promotion you can never have enough publicity. Do you still have to ay the 20 quid entry if your car is on display or do they do special rates for clubs etc?
that was just for japfest and mondello being rip off bastards, i think this is free for the cars on show, i wont know till i have the list of cars ready for tristan so i can ring and arrange everything....

·
Seasoned Member
9,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
right cars for the show!

going with 6, should be well spaced out too for us :D

1)mine r33 gtst
2)kieran r33 gtst
3)gavin r33 gtst
4)johnser r34 gtt
5)
6)

the last 2 im stuck on, kieran has a mate with a 33 gtr that he says is special, any pics mate??

i also want to have a bit of layout too, was thinkin of another 33 and a 34?? as in 33/33/34/34/33/33

and use simons idea of one of each for coolnights. so i need a tasty 34 maybe a 33 gtst, i think the gtr might look out of place surrounded by gtst's??

·
Irish Metal Warrior
3,637 Posts
No offence intended Mick but the 33/33/34/34/33/33 layout isn't the best in MY opinion. We have loads of savage 32s on the site, is there a reason why you're excluding them?

I know you said that you'll do Simon's layout in November for Coolnights but it's a bit **** to leave the 32s out of this show.

As I said, it's just my opinion. :)

·
Irish Metal Warrior
3,637 Posts
nope no reason, i just think itll look well with 2 34's surrounded by 33's, although there are some very nice 32's on the site, one thing i want to do is get different cars at different shows, that way people arent looking at the same thing all the time
Yeah that's fair enough and I agree with that, it gets very boring seeing the same cars at all the shows

1 - 20 of 61 Posts