Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it's about time I started a project thread and working away seems like a good excuse.

On the 14th of December I became the proud owner of this 2000 fresh import just registered, super clean especially underneath pretty much rust free Bayside Blue R34 GT-T.

A few details
Facelift model
53k from new
Very few mods apart from
Tein coilover with EDFC
HKS filter
Blitz Radiator
Recaro driver seat
Greddy turbo timer
Rear spoiler lifters
Wedsport SA70 wheels

How she looked the day I got her back to the workshop.

Then I got her up on the ramp to have a proper look underneath and start making some plans for mods since I didn't plan to put her on the road until march time for summer.

More updates soon. Opinions welcome guys. Thanks

·
BOOOOOST
1,863 Posts
Looks immaculate, get it undersealed to keep the rust away,but looks like you have yourself a fantastic example!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another update there will be a few pretty quick about the bits I've already done.

next I stripped the boot lining out and rust treated the seams and recesses then sprayed some wax oil on everything should protect the inside.

Then I got time to pull her outside and give her a good wash, polish and wax

·
Registered
131 Posts
Very clean motor you have there, need to get mine in the garage and have a good nosy at the condition of it underneath.

Out of interest, i quite like the spoiler, is that the standard GTT wing on aftermarket legs?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Mark. Yeah its always worth giving them a look over I'm pretty lucky me and a few mates have some space and a ramp to play with.

Yeah mine is just a standard gtt wing with some taller brackets it came over with got a little update about the spoiler to come shortly too. Cheers

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yeah, definitely, i'm just waiting to find out when i can take mine over to the garage, going to give it all fresh fluids, service parts, belts, water pump, underseal etc... before it goes on the road.

It does look good, i'd be tempted to do it with mine if it didn't already have a spoiler i like on it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Then after doing a little reading I got a japspeed shotgun system for an r33 feeling confident I could make it work.

Got it offered up for fitment pretty pleased with where it sat.

was pleasantly surprised to find out it already had a 3inch downpipe. Was left with this once both parts were fitted so ordered a decat to modify.

luckily we can weld stainless so shortened and angled a decat pipe and ended up with this finished product.

Thanks for reading guys.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Next update. Whilst trying to find a front lip for the not amazingly attractive front bumper I stumbled across this car which instantly took my fancy I thought that looks really good and means I don't have to get a gtr rep bumper straight away.

I made the decision to have a go at doing this to my front bumper so got on with stripping it off. Also I wanted to modify my headlights I'm not a fan of the chrome so blacking the inside and putting indicators inside so I don't need the on the bumper.

Stripped down I then got on with cutting the bumper bars out. Ended up with this at the end.

Then tried it on the car just for idea's.

Then started fiberglassing the gaps up ready for a skim of filler.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Nice project going on here :) always like it when people tackle a few things by themselves as it gives out ideas for others. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks mate. I know what you mean I'm pretty lucky me and a few mates rent a unit and got ourselves a ramp and plenty of tools so we tackle pretty much any job on our cars. one of us is restoring a DC2 integra and the other build a 1000 bhp evo 6 :) I'll try to keep up the good work though cheers

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Next job on the list was sorting the headlights as I really didn't like the chrome and with my bumper mods I wanted the indicators built in. I completely forgot to take pics of the work in progress so I only have the finished product.

I stripped the headlights down after a few minutes in the oven, then I sanded the outer chrome surround and sprayed it satin black. I'd already had an idea for the indicators so ordered 2 small strips of amber self adhesive LED. I tried a few places and decided to stick the LED strip in the side light lens on the very front edge drilling a small hole in the bottom for the wire to run into the light then a small hole in the light body for it to exit. I then rebuilt the headlights ready to fit in the car and test.

This is what the end product looks like with the modified indicators, I've kept the side light in the original position too so all looks pretty factory.

Opinions appreciated on the headlights, I'm impressed with how well they came out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I then decided I didn't like the spoiler brackets in silver so I removed the spoiler and brackets and set to them with paint stripper.

I then sent them off to get powder coated in satin black. When I removed the spoiler I realised that the car had been fitted with a standard spoiler for some time before the raisers were fitted and had marked the boot. So I decided to cover the boot with some flexible real carbon sheet as a foot for the spoiler to sit on.

Then got the raisers back and refitted the spoiler.

I then realized I needed side skirts to complete the look so managed to find a second hand set of factory nismo skirts unfortunately in white. But my bumper needs painting any way. So I got them trial fitted.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Underside protection

Been a while since I updated this been mad at work.

Next thing I decided to tackle was protecting the underside since it was in such good condition. I did loads of research and decided I wanted to use raptor truck bed liner for it because its like stone guard but fully waterproof and rubberized. So I started the task of masking things off decided cling wrapping was the best option for this ended up looking like this.

I then sprayed everywhere I could get to with the raptor knowing I wouldn't be able to get a few places but I'll do them if I ever have to remove certain items like the rear sub frame and fuel tank. I ended up with this I was really impressed with the finish and it looks almost factory.

That's it for the underside protection really happy with it feel free to tell me what you think guys. Cheers

·
Registered
131 Posts
Does actually look like a really good finish, I'm thinking I should really do mine now

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Guys appreciate the kind words. Having used brush on underseal before i can definitly say that it looks so much more professional and hopefully will last much longer. Ahh I can imagine its not fun at all on axle stands mate

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Next was to start mocking up my FMIC after my rather expensive order from Nengun had arrived. I decided to go with a Blitz FMIC kit, Greddy BOV and Greddy profec 2 boost controller. Few shots from mocking up the intercooler and trailing my bumper.

Much more to come shortly as the cars now on the road finally.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts