Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wheres all my water going? Expansion tank keeps emptying itself & it does it pretty quick too.
Went for a blast down the A1 today to see if last nights flush did any good. Well it didn`t,it still gets much too hot.
Anyway there`s no leaks anywhere that i can see so where is the water going? Ive been thinking that the head gasket must be ****ed but the oil is fine (no evidence if water) so its not going in there. Could it be going straight in the cylinder???

Also can someone please explain.........is the expansion tank 1 way? Obviously water can flow in there out the top of the rad if it has too but how does it get back in the system??? I cant see a return pipe anywhere.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Eddie,
The water expands and boils when it gets too hot forcing its way in to the expansion tank and when thats full it comes out the top. It get sucked back in to the engine by vacuum but there is less water to get sucked back in.

Fill it up with water when its cold, run it round till is gets too warm then open the bonnet and see it all in the expansion tank and coming out. This is exactly like mine was. Is there no one you can borrow a rad from? its an easy change once the viscous fan is removed.

Paul

·
Registered
303 Posts
Eddie,

Robopope is exactly on the ball, we have found the 33 rads
that have the very thin core tend to block up. Not pushing you
but we have reconditioned rads in stock , give us a ring and
we can sort you out a very good exchange price. Paul only just
started to get the rads repaired sorry.

Mark

·