Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so after months of headache with getting my car tuned it finally happened and made 230whp and 238tq. I have other treats with what I have done to the car so I'm not going to list it all again. I left like the numbers are low but my tuner said it's on a safe tune with 12psi boost. I want to know what can I do next to get over 300whp . The shop wants to add methanol but I'm not welling to do that. Thank you for the help

·
Super Moderator
9,048 Posts
FMIC, turn the boost up, decent free flow exhaust and bigger injectors and chip, piggyback or stand-alone ECU.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Have all that . Front mount, turbo back exhaust, 550cc injectors and nistune chip .. 12psi boost
Time for a turbo upgrade then, it sounds like you have all the other supporting mods covered. Go for a hybrid low mount if you want less hassle. Just remember to factor in a clutch when it starts slipping.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Time for a turbo upgrade then, it sounds like you have all the other supporting mods covered. Go for a hybrid low mount if you want less hassle. Just remember to factor in a clutch when it starts slipping.
Thank you. I'll start looking to see what's out there

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From my tuner. ... idk how true it holds ::

But your car is only pushing 12lbs. You can turn up the boost to at least 15lbs without meth. With meth you can push probably 22-24lbs safely. That's going to give you roughly another 75 hp to the floor...

·
Registered
135 Posts
He just wants to sell you an expensive conversion, and make fueling your car a pain in the arse. Dont go more than 12psi on the stock turbo unless you want to gamble with it failing.

You could send your turbo off to be rebuild as a hybrid as an option too.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He just wants to sell you an expensive conversion, and make fueling your car a pain in the arse. Dont go more than 12psi on the stock turbo unless you want to gamble with it failing.

You could send your turbo off to be rebuild as a hybrid as an option too.
Yeah kit installed and returned 500 out the door. I've looked at upgrading to a hybrid turbo around the same price

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Agree with sargara, anymore than 12psi and your turbo is going to pop, meth or no meth!!!!

Was there any wheel spin etc on the dyno? The graph looks all over the place. Could be the ignition map needs some fine tuning to smooth out those spikes, esp if the tuner has it running a "safe" tune.

As for running meth and throwing 24psi at it........ Yea......... That's exactly what I'd go with.......... 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He did do two straight pulls. Banged thru gears. Says that's why the lines are crazy.. I did read up on the water meth injectors. It is said that it will help clean out the motor which i really want it for if I got it done . I'm with you guys on not pushing the stock turbo with more boost. Haven't been able to take the car out with the sh*tty weather we been having .

·
Registered
135 Posts
Should I also change my afm to a z32 afm?
The Nistune will allow you to do that and it can be mapped to support it. BUT as you arent running an aftermarket turbo, or crazy levels of boost i dont see why you would be exceeding the oem airflow meters capacity to require it?

If anything you should ditch AFM altogether and change to MAP but Nistune isnt capable of that.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Nistune will allow you to do that and it can be mapped to support it. BUT as you arent running an aftermarket turbo, or crazy levels of boost i dont see why you would be exceeding the oem airflow meters capacity to require it?

If anything you should ditch AFM altogether and change to MAP but Nistune isnt capable of that.
Thank you.. searching on here I see alot putting that afm in .

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What is the best way to go without changing the turbo to increase the boost pass 12psi on the stock turbo .

·
Super Moderator
9,048 Posts
Kind of depends on your ultimate goal are you going to want more power in the future, small turbos = quick spool up but limited power and big turbo = slower spool up but scope for more power.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Going to say with anyone of those kits will I need to change out my clutch? Something like a clutch masters FX350 single clutch kit

1 - 20 of 45 Posts