Skyline Owners Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #23
I just got an email for hks saying those kits have been discontinued over 10 years ago

Registered
It will fit

But the money they are you would be better going for a topmount setup with a garret or precision turbo. Far more bhp and would be around the same price to do as tomei charge for their stuff!

For 400whp you need a turbo that will do around 470bhp at the flywheel the low mount setups just aren't big enough to do that.

Have you looked at a camshaft change to up your whp?

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
The kit is around 1400 us. Those top mount just the turbo is that cost lol . I've thought about cams also.

Super Moderator
I agree a top mount setup would be far less hassel for both power and for future changes and maintenance, as for manifolds even some of the best crack but IMO using a good flexy connector on the downpipe and bracing on the manifold will help with any setup.

Reactions: sparkso

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
I've talked to Bruce-m about the meth and upping the boost pass 12psi on stock turbo. He has said it can safe go up to 16-18psi with meth. But if I go top mount wouldn鈥檛 need it

Registered
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
List I figured I'm getting ....

Z32 maf
Clutch masters fx400 kit
Turbosmart boost controller
Water/meth kit
Tomei-arms-turbo-mx8265-for-nissan-rb25det.html.

Nervous af about all this and hope it's not a failure.

Super Moderator
Surely what you would spend extra on a decent and reliable water meth kit you could put into the top munt kit and not have to worry about whether the std turbo will put up with before it lets go which it will do at that boost pressure ...the std turbo is the weak link.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts