Skyline Owners Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Have you looked at cams? That would be my next port of call if your still running standard one's. Tomei make a set of drop in 260degree cams for the rb20 (I'm running them in my rb25)

Unless your intake temps were high then a new intercooler isn't going to make any difference. I was able to make over 700bhp fly with a japspeed/eBay intercooler

Maybe look into raising your rev limit too.its still making power when you hit the limiter
The temp was high. Shut it down to cool off before doing any more pulls. It's a cheap ebay one. And tune was the one from the first dyno pulls . Basically put in the turbo used the same map as before and made 110whp extra. I should be happy with it but I want to see 4 to the floor not 406hp to the crank

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Yeah everything is good. I'm going to take to my tuner about rising the rev limit

·
Super Moderator
9,067 Posts
Personally I would hesitate at raising rev limit or lumpy cams simply because it's not really necessary for more power sure it will help when you're reaching the upper limits, but it basically puts more strain on the motor and shifts the power band up the rev range, I always aim for a turbo that will make the power you want and then some that way you can achieve the airflow/volume to achieve the power without going silly boost or rpm....OK you may see a bit of lag but not that much everybody seems to wants instant power and high revs these days.

I am still rather incredulous of your tuner I'm afraid as to use a turbo that can supply more airflow/volume for the same boost and not require more fuel and timing adjustments says to me that the original map was far too rich and timing pulled which would account for why it was making low power the last time...still think you need a better one.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Personally I would hesitate at raising rev limit or lumpy cams simply because it's not really necessary for more power sure it will help when you're reaching the upper limits, but it basically puts more strain on the motor and shifts the power band up the rev range, I always aim for a turbo that will make the power you want and then some that way you can achieve the airflow/volume to achieve the power without going silly boost or rpm....OK you may see a bit of lag but not that much everybody seems to wants instant power and high revs these days.

I am still rather incredulous of your tuner I'm afraid as to use a turbo that can supply more airflow/volume for the same boost and not require more fuel and timing adjustments says to me that the original map was far too rich and timing pulled which would account for why it was making low power the last time...still think you need a better one.
I'm first dyno with the new tuner got 233whp with stock turbo just bolt ons , then we put in a new turbo and made 339whp with the same map. A/f is perfect. It's just my inner child wants 4 to the floor but I have 406 to the crank

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
The tomei turbo is rated to 450bhp at the fly which is around 385 at the wheels (using random online conversion) for 400 at the wheels you need a turbo Which is rated to at least 520bhp. I don't know of any stock framed turbos that will flow anywhere close to that. Top mount is going to be your only option if you want 400 at the hubs

·
Super Moderator
9,067 Posts
Congrats! But is it me or is there some very odd dips in that trace?

41 - 49 of 49 Posts