Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided at long last to remove the back seats from the car (quiet at the back you lot), as they don't really get used often (black stains too easily ;) ), question is, what to do with the space.
Now, I don't want a Skylineboy style install in there, I am quite happy with my sub, amp and stuff in the boot (and its not too heavy, not too pretty, but sounds good).

I want to save weight in the car, so all I wanna do is have it tidy. Thinkin of matting/carpet of some kind.

Suggestions?

There is a lot of cladding and wiring in there, for those who haven't whipped their seats out before, so I feel it could be quite a job to make it tidy and smart.

Mind you, the rest of the car is full of stuff randomly attatched, so maybe neat is going too far!

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
I've been thinking along the same lines and was gonna go for some thin aucoustic style carpet like they wrap round sub boxes....in the end i'm gonna go for the complete stripped out with just two buckets...:)

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SOunds good matey.. Having had the seats out to re-colour them a few months back (dyed em black instead of cruddy Nissan Brown, there is a lot of untidy stuff under there you'll probably want to do something with.

Think I will end up with a thin layer of black material, and a NOS bottle at some point I have decided too.

Wish I hadn't sold the kit I had 3 months ago!

:(

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
hmmm..nos i remember that kit you had, looked a damn good kit, i use to have a wizard of nos kit on my car about a year ago but only ever ran the 25bhp jet but you could really feel the difference....lots more torque....think i might go the nos route again one day.:)

think i might rip the rear seats out next time i get a day off and see where all the wires go. I guess they'd be for the hicas computer and rear wiper, what you reckon?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Neons, a strobe light and the softest cushions to roll around in :D

Seriously though, how about a proper racing harness, half roll cage. Or a proper respray with whatever colour takes your fancy.

Or all of the above finished off with lots of either chrome or aluminium bits.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gtst lad said:
hmmm..nos i remember that kit you had, looked a damn good kit, i use to have a wizard of nos kit on my car about a year ago but only ever ran the 25bhp jet but you could really feel the difference....lots more torque....think i might go the nos route again one day.:)

think i might rip the rear seats out next time i get a day off and see where all the wires go. I guess they'd be for the hicas computer and rear wiper, what you reckon?
Mostly the wiring runs on the drivers side, its down under the kickplate trim at the door then up under the seat and thru the back. Think its HICAS, lights and Rear speakers. Not too hard to hide under a thin carpet or somethin. Could always wrap it in a black pipe and paint the bare metal black.... Although, gonna need to strip out the insulation/soundproofing crap under the seats first.

WA1.... Got the neons already matey.....

Trying to reduce weight tho, so roll cage at the mo is not on the cards.... Unless I feel I need one!

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
How far you gonna go with the weight saving then...must admit i'm slowly working at it but i'm getting to the point that i'm worrying about seriously devalueing the car....no stereo, aircon or heater at the mo and soon to be hicas and interiour free...well as soon as funds allow anyway..

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I would definitly go for the thin carpet route, there is loads of stuff under the seats that would make it look untidy if you left it bare...

Just my 2 penneth!! :)

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not gonna go too far.... Still contemplating whipping out the air con, only time it gets used is on the way to work if its hot, as my uniform gets a bit uncomfy when it gets sweaty! :(

Just some basics will do me, after all, there is about 15KG of audio kit in the boot.... And god knows what in the dash.

Losing the seats may at least offset that.

Think it will be thin carpet sub box type stuff, although I would like to lose all the carpets completely, but would look kinda dumb with standard front seats!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I wouldnt lose the air con, I love having it! :)

Lose the stereo I reckon.. ;-)

There are some well sweet seats you can get, Sparco do some nice ones for about £250....

·
Needs a self cleaning car
1,455 Posts
Laptop!

Out with the seats, in with the lightweight panels, then build in one of those paper thin 20 inch screens linked to the vital parts yanked out of a laptop and a wireless internet link using a satellite phone installation and second battery.

The world's first 'Seatback'.

Then you can run the dyno & power graphs in True Colour as the 100 shot of NOS works it's magic. If you're clever, you can reverse the display and read it correctly in the driver's mirror.

Something to fill your spare time.

:D:D:D

·
Registered
952 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo
dont lose the sounds are you mad! have you ever heard your cars exhaust for over a hour on the motorway. you would be bald jock through too much hair pulling.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
buy yourself a exhaust bung for extended motorway driving if you want to get rid of the stereo and dont want to listen to the exhaust. Of course this means not carrying around another tonne of audio/ice equipment with you :)

I quite like listening to the exhaust note , nothing like a Straight 6 turbo. Wind her up and let her rip.

·
Registered
953 Posts
yep sounds good to me exhaust note is best stereo around

·
Registered
953 Posts
will have minimal install in mine but love exhaust note

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Must admit, half the time I am driving all I nisten to is the exhaust, I love it! Stereo goes on to make me drive slower!

JAE....... I thought I had some mad ideas, thats fantastic!

Now, who's gonna lend me a few grand to do it! :D

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Thing is the rear seats weigh no more than an angels fart any way. Heaviest removeable bit is the engine, do that and go Yabba Dabba Doooo style.
That was'nt very useful was it ? I'll get me coat

·
Needs a self cleaning car
1,455 Posts
Thankq thankq

But the fantastic bit is when you yank the dash out and replace it with a second screen networked to the computer & with a real time feed from the Consult port. :cool:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts