Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title, anyone been for mot recently without a CAT? and I dont mean the furry, purring kind.

apparently its a fail now.

Just wondering as i'm up soon and it used to pass without it.

·
200SX Pilot
173 Posts
Anything first registered AFTER the 1st of July 2002 needs a cat in place, no if's, but's or and's...

Anything pre-July 2002 does not need a cat in place PROVIDING it passes the emissions test.

Also, any MIL's (malfunction indication lamps) on the dash board will be an immediate fail, such as engine management light, HICAS light, ABS light, airbag light, parking brake light etc etc. And pulling the bulb out doesn't work as they look for every light to come on when they start the car.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I got my mot a few months back but was told that I would need to have a cat next year as he put a note on the computer about it.

·
200SX Pilot
173 Posts
You won't need 1 Ryan. Your car is from the 90's, therefore if it passes the emissions test you don't need a cat.

·
Administrator
25,957 Posts
And we are following your tests over here now with cats and some warning lights

·
Registered
231 Posts
BOOM - MOT for another year.
Only thing needed was a joint for the by-cas kit! Not bad for a 95 car.
Well I had to raise it and set headlights. Total cost £64 including the mot fee.
BTW - Cat is only needed for vehicles 2002+ may as well ask when there lol.

·
3,402 Posts
Nct FTW easy peasy lemon squazy :) pre 93 cars don't need cat's are rear seatbelts!!!!!!! My lights or bloody crap but there pointed towards the ground so passed the next :p

·
200SX Pilot
173 Posts
Nct FTW easy peasy lemon squazy :) pre 93 cars don't need cat's are rear seatbelts!!!!!!!
I don't understand why anyone gets excited about not needing seatbelts.

A mate of mine has 6 Manta's and won't put seatbelts in the back of them, and has an Ascona that doesn't need them in the front either. I refuse to be a backseat passenger considering how old those cars are and the lack of safety equipment in them, and if they were ever in a crash, you'd be seriously hurt by it folding in around you like a can of beans.

I'm obviously too old for my age, as everyone else I know around my age thinks this is an awesome law; not needing belts in cars of certain ages, but at the end of the day, it's only yourself that has to pay for it in the end, or indeed 1 of your passengers as you've failed to supply appropriate safety devices..

·
NORTHERN IRELAND AREA REP
8,604 Posts
Do explain that one mate?
Its a balls end of. Hid kits are only allowed in cars with headlight washers and self levelling suspension.or cars with limited suspension travel. Bulbs need to be E1 as anything less beam pattern wont pass.not as bad as it was in beginning as people getting hang of it now.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Car went through the mot there first time and it has no cat fitted and they didnt mention anything about any missing warning lights like the Hi Cas one.

They want KPH on the speedo as well as mph which I got through without as I have it on a seperate digital display.

All I did was wash it underneath, got the headlamps alligned and changed one tyre that had a few lumps missing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts