Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436428080.246575.jpg

So I had an MOT at halfords yesterday (£35 can't turn it down) and they failed on these as indicators.

I didn't realise at first so I took it home checked my actual indicators and thought they're fine brought it back in today and he said because they are on the side and they flash they gotta be orange. This has never been even an advisory before, after a chat he passed it for me but I just wondered if anybody else has ever had this happen before?

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
Yes! even if they are clear the bulb has got to be orange...did you not change the bulb when you fitted them?

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
you can have clear lenses as long as the bulbs are orange,if he passed it with it flashing white then thats a incorrectly tested car.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess the car has been lucky its entire UK life. I am looking to replace them with orange lights ASAP though, struggling to find any info about them. Do you know where I can find either the bulbs or replacement? If I can I might aswrl get some fresh ones

·
Registered
207 Posts
if you've still got the stock indictors on and working, could you just not take the bulbs out of the extras ones? also they look like the mini indicators, maybe try searching for their bulbs?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will look into the mini ones. This is stressing me out I've only just realised these lights aren't on all GTs. Going to speak with the previous owner. Might just get rid of them altogether fill the hole and have it painted

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
I will look into the mini ones. This is stressing me out I've only just realised these lights aren't on all GTs. Going to speak with the previous owner. Might just get rid of them altogether fill the hole and have it painted
then the car will fail its mot for not having side repeaters fitted,they look like someone has fitted mini cooper ones to it

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
I think you will find that the side repeaters take a 501 wedge bulb...orange tinted of course.

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
Yes, they work but I've also the ones pictured blinking white light
then it is an mot failure and can not be passed until you have them flashing orange,the fact is has been passed means that you have what is known as a dodgy mot.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts