Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
failed on having xenons bought off trader on here now my mrs friend is a mechanic and cannot understand why.
Think thats a bit strict ?

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Yes a bit strict but understandable. HID kits are illegal, point. Some MOT testers are more relax than others that's it. Your beam pattern is probably all over the place (like mine don't get me wrong I also have HID's).

The reason is the that the reflector housings are not designed around HID bulbs. The HID bulbs don't match the halogen's light output pattern due to their different size and spec. The result is that the reflector spreads the light all over the place rather than aiming it where it's supposed to.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahh i see on the mot form it says fail for wrong colour thats all and that they need ajusting

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
check with speedreeper, he has xenons as well IIRC, he is also supposedly a MOT tester so he should know, if he doesnt he can sure make holes in inner wings.
cheers mate i think lol
the big differance with my xenons is they are genuine audi a6 units and not a kit that u fit into your own lamps so mines are fine :)
ahh i see on the mot form it says fail for wrong colour thats all and that they need ajusting
reason they would fail is for the mot headlights can only be white or yellow if incorporated into a yellow headlamp duh!!!
now xenons do give off differant colours sometimes but depends on the range you bought and most peaple dont fit the bulbs corrrectly so ensure the bulbs are located 100 percent before you try to adjust the beam because if the beam was fine before it should still be fine as all you have done is fit new bulbs in essence.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Cam take it to cossiedave, lol... ^^^^^^^^^

They shouldnt of failed you as they are white, maybe need the spray pattern adjusting, but they looked fine when i fit them.... Where did you take it??

·
Caution Rear Wheel Steer!
614 Posts
some mot testers do get carried away, i think they have been a bit harsh
Not necessarly cus if you get stopped by the old bill & they go back to where it got tested who gets shafted by the ministry??
Answer is the MOT tester who issued the pass certificate on incorrectly fitted bulbs giving off the wrong image!!!

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
Not necessarly cus if you get stopped by the old bill & they go back to where it got tested who gets shafted by the ministry??
Answer is the MOT tester who issued the pass certificate on incorrectly fitted bulbs giving off the wrong image!!!
ministry shaft us mot testers all the time :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts