Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need the CAT in the exhaust to get the car through the MOT, :Last year I am sure that as it was an import that as along as it came within a certain level it was OK, but I was told by a mate that all cars from 93 onwards had to have one..? I need an MOT in the next two weeks and I cant find my CAT ( so to speak)

Here pussy pussy... ( before antone else gets in there )

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
I had better start looking for one myself then I guess :(

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Skylineboy, PM me, I need Scotts CAT..

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Skyline owners.com should buy a Cat pipe and just rotate it for MOTs. :D

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Will it fit an R32 GTR?

If so can I borrow it around June next year? lol

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
Hi i asked my mate this as he's the MOT QC at bells volvo and this was his reply:you can't fail a car with no cat on it unless it fails the emissions test but he also said that a car that has no cat on it when there should be will run higher emissions and also will be unlikely to be as tunable (in regard to adjusting emissions) so it will be likely that if the car isn't kept in a good state of tune it will fail the emissions test without the cat and a decat pipe is perfectly acceptable as a cat replacement again as long as it can pass the emissions test.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
im still a firm believer in the fact a Power FC car with a commander can get through the emissions tests by changing the values on the controller for your Mot Test only.

N

·
0 Posts
Venners is right if u can pass the emmisions without one all is fair & well.
But the law is that all cars from 1st aug 1992 must have cats , or run within the scale of emmisions.
I have tried it before and have always had 2 put cat back on.

regards

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sarcy, what values need to be changed..?

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cant get in there, is the site down..?

T

·
0 Posts
I didn`t need a cat to get mine through, if they are sceptical about the emissions explain to them that its an import and the exhaust system was on the car when purchsed, that should work!

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I put the cat on at the weekend and it went for an MOT today and passed, but only just due to the emissions even with the cat on it was borderline.. still a ticket is a ticket so I am legal for another year..

·
Registered
114 Posts
AppleJack,

Good to meet you last Saturday @ Richards WS.
Please to see it got through the emissions test, even though it was borderline. :)

I'll be interested to see if mine gets through in November... All I need to do is find a CAT for it before then!

Cheers,

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rob

Nice to meet you too mate ...:D

If you get the chance come over to Wokingham tonight about 8 ish .. we are haveing a family get together at the Plough... just of the A329M be nice to spend some more time drooling over the leather....:D

·
Registered
114 Posts
AppleJack,
l
:doh: Left the office immediately after my previous post and only just got in ;) and seen your reply. :(

Thanks for the invite anyway mate.

I should hopefully be over at Richards WS next weekend having some bits done.
If you want to get another leather fix..... :D

Also found out tonight, I’ve got a slow puncture cos of a nail in one of me front tyres. :(
Oh well off the tyre place for me tomorrow morning then to see if it can be fixed!

Hopefully catch up with you again soon.

Regards,

1 - 20 of 20 Posts