Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time of the year again - my car is going in for MoT test tomorrow. Has anyone had any problems with tests recently, especially emmissions as mine has no cat fitted.:eek: It is a 1994 GTST. One thing I have learned today from the tester is that rear wiper does not constitute a fail as long as the fronts are OK - my rear wiper motor has burnt out and I was going to replace it for MoT, now I can have a few extra beers with the money I will save:40oz:

·
Registered
165 Posts
keep it posted mate as mine is a 1994 gtst and wondered about the emisissions.
i believe it 1995 and on for imports that have to have a cat fitted. it only needs to pass a basic emissions test

·
Registered
130 Posts
i had mine done in may and needed a cat (1994 gtst) but ive heard of others that got away with it good luck!

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
yes from 92 on ie k plate your car must pass a bet test basically a simpler version of the cat test, if it fails it defaults to the cat test now before what would happen as skylines were imported they were'nt in the database so got put through as a non cat test and passed. BUGGER thing is that now they are in the database as all r33 and r34s so u cant legally wangle round it. my advice would be to get friendly with the examiner or like me work in an mot testing station and never worry :dogpile:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it has now passed but as speedr33per says post '92 cars now have to pass emissions test so I had to get the cat refitted. At least it will never wear out as it came off again straight after the test!:dogpile:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers. I did get 3 advisories for only just legal tyres. I enjoyed getting them that low! I am running 235/45 17's stretched onto 9 inch rims (Advan Sienna SR2) - anyone got any suggestions for replacements? The current Ventus Sports were quite poor in the wet!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Cheers. I did get 3 advisories for only just legal tyres. I enjoyed getting them that low! I am running 235/45 17's stretched onto 9 inch rims (Advan Sienna SR2) - anyone got any suggestions for replacements? The current Ventus Sports were quite poor in the wet!
TOYO proxes I've found very very good tyres..even in the wet. On a 17" rim from 80 to 140 so shop around for the best deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts