Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

First off, sorry if this is in the wrong place to post this and/or has been answered before. I'm just a little panicy as I've only got a week to sort this out.

Ok, here goes... Failed MOT.

Emissions first off, I need a CAT, cheap as poss, just to get it through the MOT. Best i could find is here > http://cats2u.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=30813

Secondly, the front lights have been moved around. The indicators have been moved to where the side lights should be and now flash too quickly.
The side lights are separate on the lower part of the bumper.
(Are there any indicator units that would fit into my bumper?) > http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._149598656167_512816167_2604705_1188149_n.jpg

Thridly, when you switch to full beam, the head lamps go out. No idea on this and I know this will be best guess from you guys, but any advice duely welcomed! (I assume/hope this is possibly beacuse the side lights and indicators have been moved and may sort itself out if I fix them)

Thanks in advance!

·
516ATF and RWD......Nutter!!
1,685 Posts
Ought to be able to get a second hand cat for about £40-£50 from a breaker.
Is there anyone close you could borrow one from?

If they flash too quick, you could always add in a resistor to slow them down.
Depends how handy you are.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
If your inicators are Leds you will need to add load resistors, £3 from ebay, make sure they are the 50 watt ones.

High beam, All skylines switch the main beam off when they change to high beam IT IS NOT an mot fail

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
do they not ? I know R33's do which do not then ? or do you mean the modified ones ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Ok, so I forgot to call Vosa, but nabbed solder and an iron from work and did the Hi/Low beam mod last night, which works a treat! :)

Need a bit of advice please, I need to get to the side light bulb (which currently houses my indicators), I've pulled out the black plug and there is a white socket, which I assume has the bulb on the other end of it?! How do I get this out, I really really don't want to have to be taking the whole unit out just to change the bloody bulbs!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.