Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
You can definately do sprint/hillclimbing classes, speed classes and there are a couple of circuit racing classes you can do also...get in touch with the MSA - www.msa.co.uk (I think)

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
no probs! if you decide to go for sprint racing, if you need any help on stuff just give me a shout and I will see if I can help in any way!

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there are a couple of circuit racing classes you can do
i don't suppose you or anyone could tell me what championships these are and what club runs them, would really appreciate some help....at the moment i'm just doing research but its definately going to be circuit racing..:D

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
have you got your race licence? if you do, ring the MSA or have a look on their web page as they show the clubs in your area. Give one of the clubs a call and see if they have a class to suit your car. You should find a class in all Sprint races to suit the Skyline, but you will find it outclassed on the tricky smaller sprint circuits...Circuit racing will be very expensive for you, which is the reason I sold the GTiR, as this season I want to circuit race and have bought a pug 205 GTi to do it in....whichever you choose, have fun!!!:D

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not yet, but i'm gonna buy the pack in the next few days and go from there....i was actually thinking about going the hot or stock hatch route but i'd really like to use the skyline although as you say moneys gonna be a real problem...:(

I;'ve had a chat with some people from the brscc, 750 mc and the barc and so far i've got the following championships to check out.
The Castle Combe Saloons or GT's
The Southern Saloon & Sports Car Series
barc Formula Saloon Championship
So i think i'm just gonna go to alot of meetings and wander round the pits asking questions, i'm planning on taking the car off the road in june when the insurance runs out to start preping it for the 2005 season....hopefully over 2 years i'll beable to prep the car properly....i guess this is what happens when you only have £50 a week spare for car money...:rolleyes::cool:

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
you are more than welcome to come along to my first race which will be on the 4th April at Silverstone....

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd like to but i doubt i'd beable to make that weekend, more likely i'll see you at snetterton...good luck for your first race though..:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts