Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Gold Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

i have just moved to Gutersloh, Germany.
I have a R33 GTS-T and i am looking at bringing it over after winter.

Anyone who has already BFG registered a skyline before any help would go a long way.

Once i got my car over i will try and get over to some meets!

See you all soon

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
contact rxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxiv on here mate as he will be able to send you the correct way buddy ;)

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Welcome to the club mate! :cheers:

Getting the car registered in Germany unfortunately can become quite time and money consuming. You need to know who to speak to and where to go.

When are you planning on doing it? After winter?

By the way, get your details down in the german members list in this section.

·
Registered
25 Posts
has germany no moving regulation? if you live in another country and move to switzerland, the registering of the car is much easier! no emission and no noise test. has germany no such regulations for people who move?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
hi

i would says keep you car registered in UK thats what the Uk soldiers do..
there is not point to follow all the german Tüv regulations and spent alot money
if you plan to leave anyway...

but what you can do is spent about 1500gbp to get the car registered with headlight conversion in germany and leave germany without the car and make some profit =)

·
Tuned by RSP
159 Posts
I am coming to Germany at some point over the next few weeks and was wondering whether or not to drive; are there going to be any major Japanese car shows or race events taking place over the next few weeks?

Thanks,

no,not at this time of the year, nothing big on.

probably the best time of the year to come over with the car, would be at Easter time.

at the Nürburgring is evry year a biiiiggggg car meeting

@Rabel_69

do u want to stay here in germany or go back after a "couple" of years???

if so, leave the car with GB plates.

·
Gold Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im only over until 2012 then back to uk to do my Captains course so i guess you all answered my questions on registering it.

I will keep it outside the base and only take it in on a trailer with no number plates on for servicing in the workshop bay whenever it needs doing.

With the statement to the gate guards " its a track car used only on the tracks!!!!"

·
Gold Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its currently having its winter upgrades done and i am guarding the queen for 3 months this winter in London.

I am going to bring it over in March ready for the summer and car shows and meets.

I just hope to get some time off on my Public Duties to get home and fit the new turbo setup i have waiting and a new bodykit and paint job.

I guess i need to put up a thread on my project so far, it may take some time as i built it from a bare shell!

·
Curb-Smacker
303 Posts
hey bro are you in the uk in the mil or american mil? If american mil i can tell you know that that wint work. youy would have to register it with a "RACING REG". they wont let a car on a trailer with no tags on post. thats the american reg. Correct me if im wrong Glen.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Bfg isnt to hard its just getting the lights thats the only big thing if it passes an mot then with the lights done it'll fly through we dont get hit with the same rules as TUV

1 - 14 of 14 Posts