Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im moving from uk to new plymouth in may, i cant wait as my current home is pretty much the laughing stock and dead end town in england haha, i am writing to ask where would be the best places in nz (online or in person) to find a r34 gt-t and what things should i look for when viewing one

Regards chris

·
Registered
73 Posts
Everything in NZ is on TradeMe, which is basically like NZ ebay. Your best bet is to look there. Dealer's obviously are dealers... So will charge you an arm and a leg, found that out the hard way haha.

Be prepared to travel for it though... New Plymouth is tinyyyy! You'd probably be looking at picking one up in Auckland and driving it down.

Nothing too special about the car to look out for, just obviously look for things like rust (shouldn't be an issue), listen to how the engine sounds, make sure it sounds healthy, ask about service history... The usual things when looking at a car, you know the drill! :p

Make sure if it's had any 'major' modifications that the car has been certified. Modifying cars here is a lot different to back in UK. Basically most modifications need a 'certification', usual things are like coilovers, adjustable suspension arms, bucket seats etc etc. You can get away with smaller things like lowering springs, but when it comes to suspension, anything that's adjustable needs a certification.

You making the move because of work? You been to NZ before?

NZ needs more of us brits :p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts