Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is the first thing i would like to do to my skline when i get it.
how much am i looking at getting it done and does anyone know a good place around the oxfordshire area able to do it.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
this is the first thing i would like to do to my skline when i get it.
how much am i looking at getting it done and does anyone know a good place around the oxfordshire area able to do it.
I dont know the oxfordshire area, but I would do it yourself.. its an easy job.

Either buy an electronic convertor from here (installation instructions are included)
http://importsolutions.co.uk/SCU/SCU_make.asp

Or buy a new speedo face for it.

Buying a speedo face keeps the milometer ticking in KM and if you go down this route you can guarantee your HICAS will remain working as it should do.

:drivin:

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Do a search on HICAS, I cant recall.

Only thing with the speedo facia is that it will only go upto 110mph, then you will be off the clocks and spinning round.

I've never known it to do any harm though. If you have a GPS device that can let you know your speed @ 110mph + (if you go there)

Speedo also means you dont have to mess around with telling people "it did x amount of kilometres, before it was converted to miles and has done x amount in miles since"

The speed limiter will still be in place with just the facia changed, but you can always cut wire 53 on the ecu which will delimit. Unless your ecu has an aftermarket chip, in which case it will already be delimited.

·
Registered
222 Posts
If you cut wire 53 does that cause problems with the HICAS?
As I am about to purchase a nearly std gts25t that after approx 10miles the HICAS light appears.
the battery, fluid levels and charge rate have all been checked. It does have an aftermarket momo steering wheel (only mod)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.