Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can i get one of these for my r32 gts-t
as its in kph, dont know about the limiter yet but guess it porb still there as its not really been drivin since its been in this country

what happens to the distance covered by the car, does that stay as kilometers.

cheers

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
If you ring risingsun bud there get one in for you.it converts to mph and takes the limiter off.they charged me £100 pounds that was to if it aswell though.you just stick a sticker over the kph then all done.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have just bought a chip from ebat for £25 will be fitting this weekend, i have had dash out before its just takes patience, im not the worlds best soldirer but I'm sure i can mange 4 wires. http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/4134crism/

I will also be taking a pic with the chip in front of speedo to prove when it was converted to mph best i can do really for proof of chnage to mph as the speedo i beleive will also swap over to mph and not kmh.

Steve

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have just bought a chip from ebat for £25 will be fitting this weekend, i have had dash out before its just takes patience, im not the worlds best soldirer but I'm sure i can mange 4 wires. http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/4134crism/

I will also be taking a pic with the chip in front of speedo to prove when it was converted to mph best i can do really for proof of chnage to mph as the speedo i beleive will also swap over to mph and not kmh.

Steve
that guy has said mine could be cable

im just confused know lol

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
these guys are talking about a chip on r33.you dont want that you want a little box that sits on the gearbox for the r32.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats seems to be for the r33 again mate

where can this box be bought from then. what does that do on the gear box?
is it hard to fit?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
i'm looking for one too.

the R32's are indeed "mechanical" as opposed to the R33/34 electronic versions.

i have seen a dealer in banzai selling them for £95 but i still was wondering if the speedo then reads 40kph as 40mph with no need to change dials?

if i have to then could i cut this "wire 53" instead as i don't have the HICAS connected.

and will the wire cutting affect the speed sensitive power steering?

i want to remove the original wheel aswell as i have a new one and a boss but the "disc" on the back of the oe boss is in the way?

is that just for the HICAS too?

sorry to hijack the thread but more and more R32 GTS-T are about now and there is little info on these subjects for them.

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
Yes thats what the coverter does. 40kph is then 40mph and so on. You will also find that the speed limiter will also move to about 180mph so there is no need to cut the speed signal wire :)

Richard

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Do buy a proper one or you'll become another statistic with a munched up motor. The cheapie units are unable to deal with auto boxes, and not very good, there can be problems with hicas also, do it right get a proper unit.

Rising Sun have the knowledge, so do http://www.kmh-mph.co.uk/products.html

..and the sister site http://importsolutions.co.uk/SCU/SCU_Uni.asp

Cheap convertors are for cheap cars, and besides the forum gets clogged down with dozens of related problems, Skylines are complex motors, so get a proper convertor.

Aitch

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
having done some digging on the web this afternoon, i found the only skyline mechanical converter is for the GTR ( ECR32 ) not the GTS-T ( HCR32 )

unless the gearbox gizmo will fit an RB20 aswell as an RB26 then i can't find them?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
i realised soon after i posted last night i forgot the GTR is BNR32 ( or whatever )

so what is the ECR32? a non turbo?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ive found that rising sun and sumo do the box for these, around 70quid. and apparently farily easy to fit.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Is there still the chance that they will go dodgy and mess up the hicas etc or is that the cheapo ones?

Are these problem free?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i would imagine there the cheapo, if buying somat from a trader like them id imagine there goin to be top notch

1 - 20 of 22 Posts