Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

i wasnt going to do this thread on here but seeing as im asking chip to do some mapping on the car i thought i might load some pics up...

the MR2 we have owned for about 6 years now and TBH its never actually gone wrong...never broke down, only ever asks for tyres and brake pads.., its the light version of the MR2 with no ABS or traction control etc etc, weighs around 1200kg or maybe less with the amount of crap i have removed from the engine bay recently

with the sale of the GTR and me buying a lardy 300bhp mercs N/A i thought it would be nice to have a decent turbo car for the friday night burn

spec is...

GT3071R, polished, V band option, 4" inlet
motoria (xs power) manifold
XS power downpipe
XS power external wastegate (life expectency= not very long...)
XS power intercooler with shroud and spal 8" puller fan
VSV, TVIS removed
Custom billet fuel rail
870CC Delphi Injectors
FSE adj regulator
aquamist H20/ethanol injection
EGT guage
AEM wideband
oil pressure guage
boost guage
link ECU
expected power output somewhere around 400bhp hopefully :)

this is an ongoing build, ill be ading pics over the next few days/weeks

3071R

intercooler with fan

current state of progress..

everyone seems to take the stock route for the inlet pipe which is over the top of the exhaust manifold...TBH there is not an ideal route for the inlet, wherever you try to put it there is heat nearby

i tried to go under the car rather than above the hot manifold, i can say for sure that this is better but if nothing else its different (havent seen anyone take this route)

i used 60mm flexi pipe and a 45 degree bend, heat wrapped for good measure

downpipe heatwrapped

dry fit

not much room down there but we can keep an eye on inlet temps..

opinions please

·
Administrator
25,983 Posts
more pics??? :D

and are you also routeing the exhaust under the rear suspension or leaving it with the restrictive bend in it over the suspension???

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
leaving the mid section as it is mate (well for the moment) TBH the car is for the girlfriend....so a bit different from my normal no frills approach lol

sard fuel rail!
850 delphi injectors (cheers greeny)
loom adaptors

link goodness, adapted to stock loom

a few "almost finished pics"

first start on the new setup......i think it might be running a little rich on tickover????
(sorry about the crappy footage my eyes were kinda burning from the fumes lol)

·
RSP Tuned 515.7 BHP
7,042 Posts
keep the pics comming!

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
done a spot of paint finishing on the MR2...the paintwork is in pretty poor condition, its an old car i guess...

so this is what we have to start with, car cleaned

apart from the scratches and swirl marks theres some really odd marks in the paint...bit like craters, i dont know if they are visable on the pics, the whole car is also splattered with white gloss paint from the garage:shake:

products used...

first thing was a claybar, nice and quick, gives good results and drags a bit more dirt from the surface

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i used the wool pad on a machine buffer to give a deep cut with the rubbing compound, followed by foam pads on the 3M machine polish and glaze, finished off with the rosa wax:smokin:

the craters just wouldnt come out of the paint...something more aggressive than 1500 is needed maybe?...im not that brave TBH:wow:

still fairly happy with the result, all but the really deep scrathes have gone as has the gloss and the swirl marks

·
Registered
817 Posts
Looks loads better :bigthumb: and you're FAR braver than me taking sandpaper to yer paint. :eek:

But what the hell is that sat on yer bonnet in the after pic.... looks like some scary bug enjoying its own reflection.

Chris ~:)

1 - 20 of 147 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.