Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone told me there is a paste to apply to clean this off.. any one know where it get it?

or are there better ways?

Thinking about selling my car, but want to make it as decent as I can first. Getting it waxoiled next week.

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
anything with a slight abrasive action,toothpaste,brass polish,metal polish ect
i find autosol metal polish does the best job for the least effort

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn,, i think ill go out there with my colgate right now.. thanks koh.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
amazing.. went and cleaned it with tesco total care toothpaste and a non-stick pan scouring pad... came off great.. now looks like glass! so pleased... gonna clean the whole car.. (not with toothpaste though.)

·
Registered
733 Posts
Use some mouth-wash and you'll get 50% less plaque on them too! :D

·
R32 2 R33 2 R34 ZTUNE PLZ
382 Posts
The bloke whom sold us our R33 came round a few weeks ago for a cuppa and said see you have been buying new lights for the car.I told him about the toothpaste trick and he was upset he had been driving with the yellow lights during his time with the car.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
I T-Cut mine and they came out perfect. Polish off with some window cleaner, job done. Took me 10 mins at the most.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I tried the toothpaste trick and my headlights have gone all cloudy now!
Shite.
What did i do wrong?
Any ideas to fix...?

cheerio

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
use the same toothpaste as i did. with the same non-sticl pan scourer.. rub hard in little circles for a couple of mins on each light... and wash well off with water..

sorry that it didnt work as planned.. let us know what happens.

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,702 Posts
use the same toothpaste as i did. with the same non-sticl pan scourer.. rub hard in little circles for a couple of mins on each light... and wash well off with water..

sorry that it didnt work as planned.. let us know what happens.
if you lick the lights, are they minty ? lol

t-cut works a treat, also tried colgate total advanced fresh and my lights smelt nice for a while

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
this tallk of scouring pads scares me,i just use a peice of cotton cloth like waxing the paint,a scourer might give deep scratches that are hard to get out

·
Registered
5 Posts
thanks folks. I'll try some t-cut next.

If all goes well i'll put up some pics.

Anyone fancy a 'Who's got the oldest but cleanest headlights' competition?

Sounds a bit bizarre to be honest, but if your lights are old and clear then post em up!

Cheerio

·
Peppered schlong
860 Posts
I have tried all sorts in the past on the headlights (no scratchy pads or toothpaste though).
The cleaners meant for convertibubble plastic windows are sh1te, as are bug and tar removers.
Meguairs scratch x has brought them up like new, 15 mins per headlight and a little bit of elbow grease.
I would post up a picture but am currently having problems with that function!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi guys!

Have yous heard of a polish called QUIXX? its a scratch remover great on plastics, paint, cd's , even mobile phone screens! thats what i would try

Janemarie xx

·
Registered
801 Posts
sometimes the yellowness is on the inside iv heard the you can take the lense off by putting the light in the oven to melt the glue but im abit scared to try it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dont blame you binatone.. the oven would stink.

and no janemarie never heard of quicxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 - 20 of 21 Posts