Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks, I emptied my Oil catch tank today for the first time. OMG you should have seen what came out. Imagine the worst Diarrhoea you can, and then add some stench. (and remove the lumps).

I can't believe people run their cars hard without one of these.
Actually was shocked to see the sh** that recirculates around the engine.
Buy one now, you won't believe what it catches.

Was going to take a picture of the gunk, but am scared to go near it. Possibly shouldn't have emptied it down the drain out the back. It stinks.

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
That sounds a tad on the nasty side..gonna have to get one...how did you install yours, was it just a case of blocking the hole in the manifold and air intake and routing both the pipes straight into the catch tank?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well....

There are a coupla ways. The instructions were a bit vague (being in japanese, which I can't read) so I did my best and made it up.

Gary at GTaRt set me straight, I'll post up some pics in a few hours once I put the other computer together (its got all my photos on it and is being majorly upgraded as I type - having a *** break!).

I really can't believe the sh*t that came out of it, they should come as standard. Don't think I'd run any car without one now.

PS How did you get the URL to your website to work as a link in your signature?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers!

Shall sort my sig out shortly... Been out and took a few more pics, gimme a coupla hours and I'll post em on this thread.

Mine's a cusco unit I bought from Takakaira, but I know Gary at GTaRt makes wicked ones which are both washer bottle AND catch tank for the GTR, not sure if does 'em for the GTS but its worth a try. Very cool....

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
No probs..:cool: ....thats exactly where i was gonna get mine from, actually been meaning to get one for ages now but never got round to it...though must admit the gt art one sounds a very good idea.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well,

Apart from being a space saving bit of kit, I've never heard a bad word said about GTaRt, and Gary's a top bloke. Would take a lot for me to take my car anywhere else to be honest. Plus, the road from my place to his is a fantastic drive, great 'a' and 'b' roads all the way, serious throttle action!

Here are the pics!

Edited to add my crappy drawing to the first pic!

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
I just wish i wasn'y 200+ miles away from GTart...:( ...aha so you block the pipe to the plenum...only 1 of the pictures are working, or is it just my pc messing with me again?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The one

that disappears off behind the oil filer?

It goes nowhere, ends just behind the fuel filer and vents all the lovely vapours down there. Not a pleasant smell at times, I keep meaning to add a length of hose to I and vent it out the back end of the car.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well...

Once you hit about 130MPH I'm sure it is! :D

Its just a gas release more than anything alse, all the sludge stays in the tank. Thankfully. Unless you forget to empty it. Mine's been in the car since sometime in late february (coupla thousand miles) so I'm impressed it took so long to fill up!

Or, did it fill too quickly? There's a question!

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmm...

Doubt it, better to just get the oil itself analysed. Royal Purple will do that for you.

The gunk that comes out looks like what you get if the head's cracked (or the gasket). Crappy skitters brown oil mixed with water.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts