Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Midnight purple GTS-t with GTR engine
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody my name is tom the luckiest man in ireland bcoz I won a car but not any car but my dream car........a skyline. I'm sorry that I finally got into your club by unfair means but I really understand the importance of what I now own bcoz it been my dream since I was 16.
So I just got a Rwd R33 GTR! I still cant believe it but anyways I'll get to the point I want the best advise on what i can do to keep it in top condition and any advise ye are willing to give me is VERY MUCH appreciated

·
Registered
141 Posts
So you won a GTS-T with an RB26DETT installed aye? Cool! Be nice to see a few pics and hear what you know about how it came to be.
Congratulations on the win!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you won a GTS-T with an RB26DETT installed aye? Cool! Be nice to see a few pics and hear what you know about how it came to be.
Congratulations on the win!
I would put up pic in this but I dont know how I have them in my profile so feel free to look at her that way of you can. Ya shes GTS-t with gtr engine and shes pushing 500 brake ( I've been told) shes mint but apart from that I know feck all else about her history other than shes a jap import.
Any idea what the best octane booster to use bcoz cant get high octane fuel in petrol stations here anymore I've been told

·
Registered
141 Posts
Not used octane booster myself, mines happy on V-power. Worth getting it detuned a bit to run on lower octane? Not screwing around with bottles of booster.

Reactions: Tg13

·
If in doubt...
297 Posts
Hi everybody my name is tom the luckiest man in ireland bcoz I won a car but not any car but my dream car........a skyline. I'm sorry that I finally got into your club by unfair means but I really understand the importance of what I now own bcoz it been my dream since I was 16.
So I just got a Rwd R33 GTR! I still cant believe it but anyways I'll get to the point I want the best advise on what i can do to keep it in top condition and any advise ye are willing to give me is VERY MUCH appreciated
Welcome to the very small Irish, road-going Skyline Owners crew! A pleasure to have you on board and who know, we may even cross paths some day here on our little land! Best of luck lad (y)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not used octane booster myself, mines happy on V-power. Worth getting it detuned a bit to run on lower octane? Not screwing around with bottles of booster.
I dont know if we have v power over here my man but I'll keep a look out for it. Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the very small Irish, road-going Skyline Owners crew! A pleasure to have you on board and who know, we may even cross paths some day here on our little land! Best of luck lad (y)
Thanks vinnie lad! Ya I'm sure we will defo sure we will come across each other 😁 Are you down south??

·
If in doubt...
297 Posts
Thanks vinnie lad! Ya I'm sure we will defo sure we will come across each other 😁 Are you down south??
She looks beautiful in Midnight Purple!
I sure am, down here in sunny Wicklow! Currently doing a rebuild on mine at the moment. Hoping to sit the engine in in the coming weeks, hopefully all goes to plan.
You're obviously the north of Ireland with the yellow reg, cheap tax ya [email protected]#ker ya :LOL:

·
Registered
141 Posts
I dont know if we have v power over here my man but I'll keep a look out for it. Thanks
Tis available at shell filling stations. Other companies have thier own equivalent higher octane (98 RON) fuels. Be a bit wary of supermarket stuff though, I've heard some bad reports.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
She looks beautiful in Midnight Purple!
I sure am, down here in sunny Wicklow! Currently doing a rebuild on mine at the moment. Hoping to sit the engine in in the coming weeks, hopefully all goes to plan.
You're obviously the north of Ireland with the yellow reg, cheap tax ya [email protected]#ker ya :LOL:
I know the colour makes her 😁 as I said I'm the luckiest man in ireland!!
Man the best of luck with it!! Where are you sourcing parts for her??
Hahahaha no lad I'm in mayo so gotta change her over 🙄 any idea what it will cost me? And also arent I better off waiting till next year and I'll get classic insurance and tax ??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tis available at shell filling stations. Other companies have thier own equivalent higher octane (98 RON) fuels. Be a bit wary of supermarket stuff though, I've heard some bad reports.
Ohhh 1000% there'll be no tesco fuel going into her!!
I was told that 95 is best I'll get in the republic as anything higher was banned by the green party........but that could be shite talk!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know the colour makes her 😁 as I said I'm the luckiest man in ireland!!
Man the best of luck with it!! Where are you sourcing parts for her??
Hahahaha no lad I'm in mayo so gotta change her over 🙄 any idea what it will cost me? And also arent I better off waiting till next year and I'll get classic insurance and tax ??
Where are you getting the engine rebuilt?? It's hard find places up here that know anything about quality jap yokes.......tis all agri spec passats!! What has happened to the petrol head youth these days!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Bloody greens and their precious "fresh air". Not sure how they justify that seeing as higher octane fuel should burn cleaner and more efficiently.
Was told by my tuner that I can run on 95 but can't get over enthusiastic with the loud pedal or damage may result.
I would have thought a standardish motor would be fine on 95. A decent tuner should be able to make it run happily enough I would have thought.
I was asked if I would prefer mine to be tuned for 95 or 98...I went for 98.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bloody greens and their precious "fresh air". Not sure how they justify that seeing as higher octane fuel should burn cleaner and more efficiently.
Was told by my tuner that I can run on 95 but can't get over enthusiastic with the loud pedal or damage may result.
I would have thought a standardish motor would be fine on 95. A decent tuner should be able to make it run happily enough I would have thought.
I was asked if I would prefer mine to be tuned for 95 or 98...I went for 98.
Exactly the higher the octane the cleaner combustion you get 😤😤
Ya see that's why I'm worried bcoz I've been told shes pushing 500 brake, what damage could I do running her on 95??
And I'm sure there is a few tuners over here but I have no clue where to find them

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Any time I'm in the South with my mine I always carry 2 bottle's of miller's cvl turbo to put in the tank if I need petrol, even then i only put in enough petrol to get me back up the road so I can fill up with 97ron again
Good man I'll order some of that so bcoz only 95 down here thanks sparkso lad 👍

1 - 20 of 21 Posts