Skyline Owners Forum banner

My first faq!

1K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  tross 
#1 ·
#14 ·
righto, basically the brackets are made so they held onto the subframe with 2 bolts.
One bolt attaches the bracket to the original mounting point for the HICAS rack.
The other, longer bolt that holds the balljoint into the bracket also goes through an existing hole in the subframe and holds the bracket secure. If you only use 1 bolt to hold the bracket on, it will flap about and dynamically change your alignment, which is never ideal....

I've highlighted the bolt and the hole it should have gone through on these 2 pics of yours here:

You can see how the brackets are supposed to sit in this pic here:

Hope that helps, just let us know if you're not sure still.

cheers,
James :)

#28 ·
lol

also it's worth pointing out that of the 4 silver bolts you get with the kit 2 are long and 2 are shorter. the shorter ones bolt the bars on to the hub, and the longer ones bolt the bars and bracket to the subframe. the 2 gold bolts bolt the brackets where the original rear steering rack is bolted.

i went down the workshop tonight to have a look at where i'd gone wrong and noticed the bolts were different lengths - you don't want to get one side bolted up only to have to muck about with the suspension strut again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.