Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

So i bought my skyline about 4 months ago, since then i have wracked my old noodle as to what to do, i decided to do a gradual resoration/build to get a good foot on the look so to speak.

But all in all im looking to mod the following and hopefully in this order....

Int - Strip old crappy cloth out and reupholster
Int - Uprate the dash and all interior lighting
Int - Sort out all the plastic / Respray

Ext - Fix all dents and scratches and restore body work
Ext - Repair all rust on both rear arches
Ext - New plastic moulds for front vented wings
Ext - New GTR Spoiler
Ext - Uprate all lighting
Ext - Underseal the car
Ext - Get some smoke tints (suttle ones)
Ext - Carbon bonnet :) hehe <------ the child inside me :)

Then once this is all done i will totally sort engine/brakes/suspension etc :) thats last tho....

I will upload photos of progression so far when i get home :)

Enjoy the thread and let me know what ya think

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Photos Time

Okay, as agreed im going to upload my photos of my baby, try and get them in some order too but might go pear shaped :)

Please look thro and tell me what u honestly think.

Cheers :)

Before ----->

After ------->

Bodywork Before ---->

Bodywork now ----->

I need to get another set of spacers for the back wheels to sort them out, I know its not much but the car is in the shop now, and im hoping my carbon bonnet turns up soon, the new vented front wings go on soon, along with the GTR spoiler :).....

Watch this space....

All comments welcome, ideas also VERY welcome :)

Hope u enjoy and thanks for reading

L

(messed up photos, will look at photobucket later as i dont really know how to use it) sorry folks

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Not all pictures are opening for me , try uploading to photo bucket first then copy and paste image link .

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not all pictures are opening for me , try uploading to photo bucket first then copy and paste image link .
Okay got it working :)

I know the list is short and im damn sure its gonna get miles longer but tell me what ya think buh.....

Honestly.

I will have a few more piccys when the car gets more of the body work sorted :)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looking good mate, who done the seats for you?
A company just down the road from me Duncan smith Automotive :) im very impressed with the work they do :)

They accomodated alot of my wants ...... and i was picky :)

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
I like mate interior is nice .
Just tip if you click image link on photobucket the one at bottom when hovering over picture it will copy it and when writing a post just right click and paste the link , that make pictures visable without having to click link.
Like this

·
West Ireland Area Rep
99 Posts
That interior looks to have a really professional finish. I'd love to get my interior overhauled similar to that. I'm sure it's not cheap tho :(. Did you get the gear gaiter / handbrake gaiter & armrest done at the same time?

·
3,402 Posts
Looks like a very clean r33 you have there.

Best of luck in your project and no doubt it will be very nice once your finished with it :)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like a very clean r33 you have there.

Best of luck in your project and no doubt it will be very nice once your finished with it :)
I really appreicate this thread, im just trying to take alittle time/love to restore her then i will start to do a few small touches. then the ENGINE :) mwhahaha

Cheers

L :)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like mate interior is nice .
Just tip if you click image link on photobucket the one at bottom when hovering over picture it will copy it and when writing a post just right click and paste the link , that make pictures visable without having to click link.
Like this
Okay thanks mate, was the first time i used it :) and was at work shhhh :)

What do u think so far mate?

I like to see if others like or it if they think an idea would suit etc :)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That interior looks to have a really professional finish. I'd love to get my interior overhauled similar to that. I'm sure it's not cheap tho :(. Did you get the gear gaiter / handbrake gaiter & armrest done at the same time?
I did mate yes they done the whole shabang :)

Cost £1500 fella, but then i encouraged them to take there sweet as time :) which helped lower the costs.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
I like it good start ,just wait till you start making it faster that's when it starts costing £££££££

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like it good start ,just wait till you start making it faster that's when it starts costing £££££££
ITs costing me £££££ now lol

1500 for the seats
500 for the bonnet
1100 for the body work

LOL i havent even touched the engine yet lol. plus i only want it running around 400-450 bhp :)

1 - 20 of 88 Posts