Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
female skyline owner
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wonderful boyfriend fitted them for me today, who has more bloody patients then me, let me tell you lol.... bloody fiddly things they are!!

I managed to fit a piece of blue gel inside my clock, which looks super cool... not got round to doing my a/c unit yet tho.. the left side of that unit the bulbs dont work anyway so need to spend some time on that one i think and see why one side doesnt work..

Was wondering tho what unit makes the clock and the a/c unit dim when you put the headlights on? as turning them blue makes them a bit harder to see if you put the lights on when its still light outside.. its fine to see normally so was wondering if there was a way of bypassing the dimmer switch??

Attachments

·
Registered
655 Posts
Woo they look nice!
The A/C unit, left hand side not lighting up sometimes happens to mine - I find that a little flick with the finger or tap usually sorts it out!

·
female skyline owner
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah tapping or hitting it doesn't work lol think the bulbs have gone that side also my hazard switch doesn't light up nether does my heated windscreen switch although if i press it the little orange light lights up.. what bulbs are in them as it didn't look like it was meant to come apart when i looked at it earlier

·
Registered
179 Posts
nah tapping or hitting it doesn't work lol think the bulbs have gone that side also my hazard switch doesn't light up nether does my heated windscreen switch although if i press it the little orange light lights up.. what bulbs are in them as it didn't look like it was meant to come apart when i looked at it earlier
I recentley replaced the bulbs in these switches and found the following bulbs from RS (T1 3mm wire terminal filament lamp,12V)
Part Number 360-7913.

I used the following faq http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17367

·
South West (England 13)
1,855 Posts
I have a set in my garage ready to fit - am too chicken to do it (I have a habit of knackering things when I try) they do look nice though - can't wait to get them on mine.

Good job.

·
RSP Tuned 515.7 BHP
7,041 Posts
yeah i got some like that very similar looking but the only problem i got is the needle response isnt as good as it was- both the rev and mph needles dont move as quick as they did its SO annoying

·
female skyline owner
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i went down to the craft shop and got double sided sticky tape, pre cut in squares.. that are used for sticking photos in albums, stuck them to the back of the new dials so they stick flush with the original so my needles wouldn't catch. ;)

·
Registered
451 Posts
very nice indeed !!

liking those a lot !!.....now on my things to do list !!

·
Terry
2,003 Posts
yeah i got some like that very similar looking but the only problem i got is the needle response isnt as good as it was- both the rev and mph needles dont move as quick as they did its SO annoying
Yeah I had the same problem after doing mine bud, but I redid it using prit stick sorted out the speedo but my ref counter is jerky when cold (I think the cold air get behind the dials and pushes then out a bit) when the car is warm I have no problem. Didnt think of going to a craft shop like Hobby craft doh!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts