Skyline Owners Forum banner
121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
solheim
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
i havent posted for ages and i have been busy i blew the water pump up and killed the rad in one go so i had to rip the car apart again :(

the damage so far i think it has writen off the rad so i had to order a load of new parts to fix it

right the list of parts that have arived are
gen nissan
tensioner and idiler pulleys
liquid gasket
antifreese
cam belt
water pump

a blue print thermostate
a new alloy rad
also a few bits i bought alittle while ago are
radio arial as mine got ripped off
a new set of spark plugs as i had a missfire that cure the car before it blew the water pump
a nismo oil cap
gen gtr fuel pump
light wieght pully

·
solheim
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
right time for the rebuild as i took the car apart the other night in the freasing cold
this is how the car looked this morning

i did the water pump last night as the liquid gasket takes a while to go off
cam belt kit done turned over by hand timming marks all line up nice :)

then its on to compression test it again bear in mined this is on a stone cold engine
no 1

no 2

no 3 this one is 145 psi

no 4

no 5

no 6

and now i have made a flask and i am going back out to frease again maybe i can get her running before the end of the day

·
solheim
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
i got anoyed with the indicators in my bumper so i thought i would put them in my headlights. I had some old side repeaters from when i put clear ones in so i thought i would use the bulb holder from them.

i cut the bulb holder down abit so i could solder some wires on

wires all solderd

if your going to use the same holders as me then you will need a 16mm drill bit, i decided to put the sidelights in the dipped beams at the bottom

then i marked where the locking tabs whent so i can cut them out

next i took a 13mm drill bit and drilled into the headlight refector housing for the bulb to go into.

a test with a blue led

my new loams made up

one made and on the car

and the other one all done :)

what do you think?
just got one little problem, that the indicator flash abit quick now and i need to find the right resistor to fit in to slow it down.

·
Administrator
25,977 Posts
the only downside with using that small a bulb is when your headlights are on nobody will be able to see you clearly indicating and the police wont like that and your car can fail the mot for indicators not being seen from a reasonable distance,thats why its always a large bulb fitted mate and also why audis sidelight strips dull down considerably when the indicators are used.

·
Administrator
25,977 Posts
as long as there bright mate :)

121 - 130 of 130 Posts